1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snoway 28 V light help

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Total_Mayhem, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Total_Mayhem

Total_Mayhem Junior Member

When you plug in the lights to the plow.
    are they suppose to cancel out the head lights to the truck.?

I went to pick my plow up and the plow lights are not working when plugged in..
    The truck lights are still working though..
    checked connections and all seem to be solid.

Any help?
    Thanks before hand..

2. Ctll

Ctll Member
    from midwest

does it have the old 6 pin hook up or the EIS plugs? If its the old rubber 6 pin connector relay is bad or stuck. If its the EIS idk?

3. Total_Mayhem

The plow 28 V with Down Pressure is about 8-9 years old still in great condition though.
    3 point hookup on the plow & the hookups seem to be the 6 pin type..
    I know nothing about Snoways this is my first one.

Where would the relay be located..?

Thank you for your help

4. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

With the plow being that age it is not EIS but will have a relay under the hood to switch the lights from truck to plow.

What year make and model truck do you have the plow on? I can give you some links to wiring diagrams if you let me know. If the relay is original I would suspect that to be the issue.

5. Total_Mayhem

Thank you for your help..
    Truck is 1994 3/4 ton GMC SLE ext cab, 6 ft bed, SnoWay 28-V 9' 1"
    I Called the guy that I bought the truck and plow from.
    he said last year the driver was complaining that the
    lights were flickering while he was plowing..

Hope this helps with my question...

Also just went to check and when i raise the plow,
    or operate the wings the under dash light comes on very dim.
    and my dome light overhead dim also...

Last edited: Dec 10, 2008
  6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Are you sure they are plugged in properly? Every year I see units with pout working lights that turn out to be operator error. Double check to see if you have plugged in to a cover instead of the harness. You should have two separate plugs on the end of two separate wire harnesses. The passenger headlight holds the trigger. if the parking lights on the truck don't work neither will the plow lights. If the passenger light is not plugged in to the passenger side of the harness the plow lights will not work. Make sure the headlights are connected by a white ground wire between them.

Double check all that and let us know.

7. Ctll

Ctll Member
    from midwest

might be able to find them by turning lights on without truck running and plug and unplug the light and listen for the relays to click. My ST would flicker sometimes before I converted it to EIS and usually this would get it work for the rest of the night. I think that the relay box might be by the window washer tank but they could have put it someplace else.

8. Total_Mayhem

Thank you for the help.. will still keep checking..

9. Total_Mayhem

Thank you for all the help guys..

10. Ctll

Ctll Member
    from midwest

that is the box the relays are replacable in it, Basher will tell you better than me on how to test the rest of it to make it work. relays are most likely stuck and need replaced, if you hooked it up the way Basher told you to.

11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I would check to see that you are getting power to the #2 temminal on the relay when you turn on the parking lights and that all the pins are still in place in the plugs.

If so replace the relay.

12. Hooker751

Hooker751 Member

I have the same plow and every year I clean my connection really good and add that electric spray to the 6 pin connections , so they can be lubed really good and make a good connection for me. My lights did that too and I found out that it was not making a very good connection from the plug in. Just a double check. I would twist mine realy good to make a good connection. These guys on here are really good at the stuff. Keep it up guys. I love this site.
    Harold