1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SnoWay 26D Controller Short

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by jhenegh, Jan 14, 2012.

1. jhenegh

jhenegh Member
    from Indiana

On my F150/26D I was using it yesterday when it blew the 10A fuse that comes off the + terminal of the solenoid and into the computer. When that fuse blew the joystick controller turned off and obviously the plow was dead. Put in a new fuse and now every time I turn on the controller and then do anything with the joystick it immediately blows the fuse, like a dead short somewhere.

Any ideas off hand? I can't find anything out of line other than thinking the computer. BUT, the plow works if you hot wire through the fuse with a a spade (had to raise the plow to get it home somehow!) I turned the controller off and took out the spade as soon as the plow was up.

Thanks

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Inspect the red wire w/white stripe for short or grounding issue.

3. jhenegh

jhenegh Member
    from Indiana

It was an internal short on one of the valve solenoids. Basher helped me track that down and got me set up with the updated coils. Simple fix thanks to Basher!

4. pooleo8

pooleo8 Senior Member

+2 for basher. Helped me thru troubleshooting my sno-way.

5. joshg

joshg Senior Member
    from VT

This post was very helpful. My snoway went "dead" yesterday. After inspecting all the wiring I found nothing obviously wrong. Tried again and immediately blew the 10A control fuse on when initiating "down". Swapped the coil to the "angle right" location and was able to move up down left...when pushed right it also blew the fuse. My mulitmeter at home is dead but checked at with friends this morning and the resistance is off.

Now I need a new Deltrol Fluid power coil mine has PN 10222-16 10V 25W. Anyone have good source or equivalent? Jhenegh mentioned "updated coils".

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

What color coil, red, blue, black? Shoot me an email. snowtech @ basherandson.com

7. joshg

joshg Senior Member
    from VT

Black. Sent email.