1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snoway 26 Series seems jerky/choppy

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by sempersnow, Mar 21, 2016.

Tags:
  1. sempersnow

sempersnow Junior Member

I just picked up a barely used Snoway 26R for my 2011 F150. Got it all mounted up and working but when I angle the blade left or right it seems really jerky, the speed seems normal but the way it stops it seems to give the truck a good shake (more than usual, or at least more than the Snoway pops has on his F250 or the Western on my old chevy did).

Does snoway have some sort of regulator or flow control? I've tried googling already and can't find a solid answer on this. Looking for something similar to the quill on a Western but for a Snoway 26 series.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Have you checked the fluid at least?
    Maybe the filters?

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

No quill, adjust drop speed by changing orifices. That wouldn't effect angle speed or performance. Service the unit well you could have stick check valves, crossover reliefs, etc. Don't just drain it pull the reservoir and clean the filters and remove any sludge. fill it with Hydra flush and operate all functions numerous times. Drain and refill. Make sure all the wires are connected properly, connections are clean and the valve stems between the coils and stems are clean and not packed with corrosion.

That doesn't help check back here or email me. Email faster, not here that often.