1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snoway 26 series cutting edge question

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Cleanchris, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Cleanchris

Cleanchris Junior Member

It's time for a new cutting edge on my 7' 6" snoway 26. The 3/8"x6" blade didn't last as long as I had hoped. I was planning on having a new cutting edge made locally and was thinking 1/2" or 5/8". Also, I can get the edge in 6" or 8". I'm wondering if anyone has done this or has any advice. I understand a taller cutting edge would change the attack angle slightly but my truck is raised 2 1/2" in the front and the extra 2" of blade might actually correct the attack angle. I would think it wouldn't really be a problem with the 8" cutting edge but would like some opinions or experiences. Thanks
  2. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

I have stopped using metal edges on my Sno Way plows. The down pressure will use up blades more quickly, as expected. I have switched to the hard poly, gives an excellent scrape and good protection for drives.

Contact Basher ana Sons on here, he can give you the details if they are available for your plow. I always just order the width I need and re drill holes as necessary. The last 2 I ordered I put on my Blizzard Speedwing.
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The extra two inches would help with the raised truck and maybe even slow your wear. Definitely will help the tripping issues you may be having. Down pressure eats wear edges. You realize you need road plate not just mild steel for the wear edge? Standard structural steel will wear at an amazing rate.
  4. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

Sounds like there must be some issue at hand, maybe too much use of dp? I'm getting about average life out of mine (compared to my other plows), but I generally only use dp when backdragging. I do remember seeing a 1/2" replacement edge listed for the 26, I think it might have been in the Mill Supply catalog. Probably what I'll upgrade to before next season.

EDIT: Just read Bashers reply, seems you may have other contributing issues, but Basher is definitely the man when it comes to Snoway knowledge! BTW - Basher, do they in fact have a 1/2" replacement edge for the 26?
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
  5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

No they don't but there is a 1/2 inch edge available for the 7'6" 29 series and since they share a bolt pattern;)

$175.00 plus shipping we have them in stock for the 90"x 6"x1/2" aftermarket wear edge.
  6. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

Good to know! I think I'll make the upgrade when I change it out in the fall. Threadjack over!! :)