1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snoway 26 on a superduty?

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by Deerslayer21, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Deerslayer21

Deerslayer21 Junior Member

hey everyone,

New to the site and I have been looking around for some answers for my question but cant seem to find them.. I had a 2012 f150 with a 5.0l and had a snoway 26 series mounted on it, I sold the truck and the guy who bought it didn't want the plow so I kept it, I was wondering if I end up buying a newer super duty (2014 and up) would I be able to bolt on a new plow mount/ wire harness or will I have to weld up a mount to fit the truck and make some custom harness connections if I try to use the 26 still.. kinda don't want the added weight (or the cost HA) of going to a new plow when I have a brand new 26 in my driveway right now.. keep in mind I will only be plowing my driveway and a neighbor or two.. any help is appreciated, I called snoway and they wouldn't say one way or another..
  2. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

If your asking if your mount off the F150 will fit it will not fit Superdutys
  3. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite.com Addict

I just checked their website, and it doesn't list a 26 for a 3/4 ton for a 2014. You may have to have a custom mount fabricated. What about selling the plow and buying an appropriate blade for the new truck? I know you don't want to spend the money on new, but you may not have a choice. Try and get a decent price for the 26 and you wouldn't take such a large hit on a new blade.
  4. JK-Plow

JK-Plow Senior Member

Send Basher a note, he deals with snoway. I suspect all you will need is the superduty mount and that it will fit the 26 series plow.
  5. Deerslayer21

yeah I know that the mount from the 150 will not fit the superduty, i guess i just need to know the specs on a 29 series mount to see if the pins are spaced the same and will receive the 26 series plow, I cant find a blueprint for it online .. if the space between the pins are the same I would think i could just buy a new 29 series mount and bolt it on.. if not I will have to go custom and get something welded up.
  6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Not factory supported but you could use a 991001198 250 mount and modify your existing center member. No the pins are not the same between the 29 and 26 series.
  7. Deerslayer21

thanks basher.. that's what I have been thinking but always nice to get a solid second opinion.. thanks
  8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I'm not saying is recommend it, I agree with HarleyJeff's idea of trading it in or selling I to buy a plow designed for that class truck.;)
  9. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

Where are you out of and is it the 26r?
  10. Deerslayer21

upstate NY, and yes it is the 26r.. bought it this past year and never even had to mount it to plow :( yes I will try to sell it and see how much I can get out of it but would feel better with a back up plan .. you cant give away sleds and plows right now in NY after that "winter".