1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snoway 24D

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by choniglandscape, Nov 23, 2008.

1. choniglandscape

choniglandscape Junior Member

Just bought a used Snoway 24D for one of my driveway rigs and I have a few questions. Serial number is 24D103389. My question is does this unti have down pressure, the kid told me it would lift up on the truck, but when I look at the controller box it only has a switch for up and down, and one for Left and right. I am really hoping it does because thats why I bought it and now i am nervous. Anyone that can help it would be appreciated.

2. choniglandscape

Oh yea it also says predator on blade

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

There should be a toggle switch on the control box. It is on the side of the box....not on top. Flip it and then push the down button.

4. choniglandscape

No toggle on box at all, but when you push the down switch it holds in down postion. could it be the guy bought the wrong controller? I really dont want this unit if it doesnt have DP and I dont want to have to install it on my truck to find out it doesnt.

5. choniglandscape

I can post pics tomorrow

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Does the control/power harness have a blue wire in it?

If the control box is a down pressure control box it will have have a toggle switch and a red light on it as well as two black rocker switches.

7. choniglandscape

Ok,So then could it be that I have a down pressure unit with a non down pressure controller? Would it be crazy money to replace controller? The serial number is def 24D103389

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I'll check, we probably have one in stock.

9. choniglandscape

Ok thanks... are they really expensive?

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Probably:jester:

11. choniglandscape

The kid that used this plow with the previous owner said it lifted the front of the truck, how could this happen with the wrong controll box, or do you think he is loco...well is there any way to wire in a toggle switch for the down pressure? I really dont want to spend another 400 bucks on a controller.

12. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

With the serial #24D103389 yes the power unit was manufactured with our DP system. As others have mentioned the control should have 2 rocker switches and a seperate toggle switch to activate the DP system. If your control does not have the toggle switch it is a gravity control box.

Part # for the DP control box is 99100012.

Thanks for choosing Sno-Way we appreciate your business.

13. RCohio

RCohio Junior Member
    from Ohio

Help with wireing rockerbox harness

I have a rockerbox #99100012 for a snoway 29 series predator -- the plow is about 10 yrs old (has the old duetch ends). The harness that connects between the DP control box and the main power harness #96100097 has a red wire for the fused connection to the fuse box, a black wire for the ground, then it has a light brn and a dark brn wire that are connected together with a cap w/ a hole (for a screw).. where do I connect these two wires.

Thanks