1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snoway 24 series

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by dana60f250, Nov 14, 2011.

1. dana60f250

dana60f250 Member

My 24 series with dp doesnt want to stay in the air. Hours after i park it tends to drop. No fluid on the ground tho. Where should i start to look to fix the problem?

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Probably the lift ram. raise it then remove the DP hose. If fluid comes out under pressure thats the issue. Does it cycle the DP constantly when it is on?

3. dana60f250

dana60f250 Member

Cycle Dp?

I dont know what you mean by cycle the DP. My dp doesnt work. When I turn the dp on it makes the plow go up so I dont use it. All other directions work. The plow just slowly falls when left up in the air. Not noticable until hours pass.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Well it could be a cylinder or a bad valve. Try draining and flushing the unit see it that helps. DP problem is probably a bad DP valve.

5. dana60f250

dana60f250 Member

If i buy the dp valve can i buy just the valve? or do i need the whole valve and coil assembly. I been wanting to fix the dp but since the rest of the motions worked i figured i didnt need it. I also tried looking up the part number on the left, right and the other valve in front of the pump but only found a part number for the whole valve and coil assembly.

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I'll check but I think they only sell them as a set.

7. dana60f250

dana60f250 Member

ouch expensive!!!

8. dana60f250

dana60f250 Member

Ok I took the dp valve out. On my meyer plow you can see the ball inside the valve and if you magnetize it the ball moved upward. This dp valve doesnt do any of that. I shake it and I can not hear anything inside. Is there a way to test the valve at all when it out of the pump?. How would I go about draining and flushing the pump?

9. dana60f250

dana60f250 Member

Bump. Anyone have any input plz. Is there anyway what was in the valve can fall into the dp block or resivour?

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

OK the valve in the Meyer does not have a ball. The ball you are referring to in the Meyer P.A. block is part of a check valve not the B valve. No such valve exists in your Snoway. Snowplows use cartridge valves, they are self contained units. They do not make noise when you shake them, if one does dispose of it. Did you check to see if you were getting 12 volts to the coil and if it was magnetizing? IF the coil is working you can use it to check the valve.

11. dana60f250

dana60f250 Member

Yes i get magnetism to the coil. I took the valve out and used a big magnet and the valve does not move, make a sound, nothing at all. That ball in the meyer was in the block under the valve. You were correct. I saw a video on spool valves on youtube. I understand what you mean. My valve is stuck, why does it get stuck.

12. dana60f250

dana60f250 Member

Does a spring push the valve insides back into place after the magnet turns off.

13. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

If it is stuck replace it you cannot repair them.

14. dana60f250

dana60f250 Member

I ordered the DP valve. I was looking at the schematics for the 24d series plows. It shows on page 5 its shows part # 96001575 as the angle valve/ selenoid. On the same page, number 3 looks totally different from the valve pictured in figure 14. Figured 3 looks like the bottom of the valve and part # 96001575 looks like the top of the valve. Do these pieces come together when ordering part #96001575. This link shows only the top of the valve http://www.plowpartsdirect.com/snoway-parts/snoway-pump-parts/snoway-angle-valve.html

15. dana60f250

dana60f250 Member

I just installed the DP valve and it goes down when the switch is pressed and the rocker switch is in the down position. It hits the ground and then the selenoid keeps clicking. Is this normal?

16. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Clean the down pressure relief and pull the pressure switch and clean it. Your DP PR could be tired. First question; is it passing fluid though the lift ram. The easy way to find out; Raise the plow, does it hold or creep slowy down?

Let me know and we'll move on

17. dana60f250

dana60f250 Member

down pressure

A couple weeks ago i was at work and had the plow up in the air. It dropped a bit over a couple hours time. It hasnt done it since then. You couldnt see it drop. It took alot of time for it to drop about 6 inches.

18. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

do you own a hydraulic pressure gage?

19. dana60f250

dana60f250 Member

no i dont, i guess i should add this to my list of tool needs

20. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Find the DP pressure releif. remove the cap and turn the adjuster (it's a allen set) in one quarter turn, does it still cycle under down pressure? how often?