1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snoway 22 series issues

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by hillbillydeluxe, Jan 13, 2010.

1. hillbillydeluxe

hillbillydeluxe Senior Member

I have a 7'6'' 22 series. When i plow snow no matter how heavy, or light snow is,it trips and faceplants into ground. I've had this happen once in a blue moon before, but lately its been doing it way to much. Its frusterating and i need some advice of what to look for to get her fixed. My guess who have to be the springs, do they need to be adjusted? are they to loose?.... any help would be helpful

Thanks,
    Jim

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Can you slide a peice of heavy paper between the center coils of the springs?

3. MOWBIZZ

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

What Basher said...check the clearance between the coils...you should be able to slide paper into the spring...very easy adjustment and your face plant issues will be resolved.
    I have even cranked mine a bit more just to see the difference and it would not trip at all...so I backed them off and it works as it should.

4. hillbillydeluxe

hillbillydeluxe Senior Member

thanks for the info.