1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snoway #1 customer?!?

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by plownoob, Mar 5, 2009.

1. plownoob

plownoob Senior Member
    from ny

Look what I got in the mail today.

[​IMG]

Not to knock free stuff, but wish it was a shirt or hat cuz I would pimp that everywhere. I might get weird looks wearing these to dinner at applebees.

2. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

I want a pair, I have a sno-way and don't have any sno-way apparel

3. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

I got 2 pair they are heavy but i was thinking winter gloves when they said they were coming.

4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Going to take more then gloves to make some owners of mega v blades happy.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The Mega vees aren't the main issue, the Revo seems to be the one people are having major issues with.

My mega Vee is a snow moving machine when it is actually pushing snow. There is no center dribble and it discharges better then the 28V. The mounting system is the easiest I've used, once you learn how to do it it is a snap, I did it before the last storm wearing a pair of fleece loungers and my clogs when I ran in after the morning paper. Hinge adjustment for changing loads is cake. You learn quickly to "read" the scrape as the spreader load changes and a quick spin of the wrench and she'scraping clean again. It's really pretty amp efficient until the pump hits the pressure reliefs.

The wings are a home run. stop the high side dribble and lock a load to center when you are in the scoop.

Not trying to brush aside the problems, but there is no reason to "throw the baby out with the bath water"

6. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

Oh Basher you are correct with that. It does move alot of snow and the hook up is way easier than the 28V and I actually think its faster or better than my MM2 fisher I had, with the exception of the wiring hook up, SW needs some work there.
    Now how would you run your hinge adjustment that they put on top. Manual says level ground 90` but i am curious to know how guys are running thataspect of the vee.

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Set it on level ground. I used a torpedo level on the hinge to find initial settings and adjust any time I notice a change in the scrape. I've learned as my salt load dissipates :Dpayup I will have to spin the adjuster a little. I no longer use the level, I just wing it if I'm too far off I can always tweak it.