1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snowat Vbox spreader?

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by WOODY367, Jan 15, 2009.

1. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

I got a used SS spreader a few months ago. Haven't used it yet as still using the old setup. What do people think of them? Any good I hope. It has a Briggs engine but won't shut off from contoller. There is 1 wire cut without a end on it and a wire in the same area not hooked up from the main harness. I will check that fron a on off ground. Also has anyone hooked a spot light up to the charging system? If so what wires did you use. Snoway makes a small harness to tap in but they want $60 for it and all they do is tap in to some factory wire. Thanks for any help.

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Does it start with the controler? yes you probably have a ground not proberly connected. Yes you can hook light (i perfer a floodlight vs a spot) tie it in tio the same wire coming of the charging system as you would any B&S.

3. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

Are these a good spreader compared to other brands? Anyone have one with the briggs engine that could take a few photos of the engine wiring for me? Thanks