1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by WayneSnow, Dec 5, 2009.

Tags:
  1. WayneSnow

WayneSnow Senior Member

Damn not enough snow to plow in north jersey, any one able to plow tonight?

2. sgrizz

sgrizz Junior Member

Not enough here in montgomery county pa . I thought we would get a good amount to use the quad but the driveway is slush and the storm is leaving the area so maybe next time it snows i will be pushing snow instead of water.:cry:

3. WayneSnow

WayneSnow Senior Member

yeah same thing happen here

4. dan67

dan67 Member

no snow

no snow, there talking about some next week but ani't banking on it, they 've been way off all winter. Just pain cold now, all of my gravel drives are froze soild tho

5. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

It's snowing hear. But there is not enough to plow yet.

6. woofbutt

woofbutt Junior Member

tymusicBoys I played around all day in about 4-5" and 4-5' drifts. It was great. I got to break in my new Rincon and warn 60".

7. WayneSnow

WayneSnow Senior Member

i pretty much just rode around havin some funxysport

8. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

when you brag like that, you better be prepared to post pictures along with it. :D

9. UTAH

UTAH Member
    from Utah

Plowed here in Utah today. It wasn't a ton, but it was enough to need plowing. Really cold and dry! Gotta love desert snow.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2009
  10. hammer2108

hammer2108 Junior Member

wayne hows the cycle country working for u? Jersey looks like it got hit pretty well

11. BruteForce750

BruteForce750 Senior Member
    from MA

I was able to plow today with the new Warn Provantage 60" straight blade. Overall it did a great job, I'm really impressed with how easy it is to connect and disconnect the plow. So far the plow itself has held up well... unfortunately I cant say the same about my synthetic rope.

It broke twice during the 1.5hours I was plowing, once was my fault, and the other was from me testing the plow before checking for burs. Unfortunately the rope had rubbed slightly on a bur before this storm even took place and it did a number on the rope. I knew it was going to snap and it was only a matter of time, but it made it through half my driveway before it finally did....

Overall I'd rate the plow system great so far, the snow was light and fluffy so it wasn't really hard test but a good one for the first plowable event of my season.

Since it was the first time I got to use the new plow, I was too busy having fun to remember to take pictures... if it keeps snowing and I go back out I'll try to snap a few

12. WayneSnow

WayneSnow Senior Member

worst day ever!!!! got to use the plow a little bit last night and worked great! But this morning went to start my quad and ran fine.

Went inside for a break and turned the quad off while it was in 1st gear(I have electronic shift program)

Came out side and quad wont start unless it was in nuetral and my ESP would let me shift down, this happens from a power problem usually because my winch uses alot of juice - after 10 minutes sitting in usually starts but not this time

had to use the emergency manual shift - pain in the @ss

couldnt plow at all, way too annoying, now i dont know what to do

13. skamaniac

skamaniac Member

What kind of quad do you have? Check your owners manual. Mine had an override to allow you to start it in any gear. You have to have the brakes applied.

14. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

speaking of pics? you got any new ones , the one i saved doesn't do it for me anymore?

i am sorry had too bro have a nice christmas

15. WayneSnow

WayneSnow Senior Member

I have a 1999 honda foreman 450es. Lost the manual and don't know what to do.

16. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

get on a site like rincon riders, lots of info that is model specific