1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow!!!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by oakhill2000, Feb 7, 2003.

1. oakhill2000

oakhill2000 Member

We are finally getting a decent snow up here in southern Ma! They are calling for 5 to 10 for our area, I am all ready to go can't wait. I have been waiting for another good storm. It is 5:58am now and I have been up for an hour, only a dusting right now but still snowing so I will be going out soon to sand.

2. A.L. Inc.

A.L. Inc. Member

Just got in 6:45 a.m. I cleaned the small commercial lots so they can open. Going to breakfast with the wife, and then back at it. There is about 3" on the ground now and they are calling for up to 7" by the time it stops this afternoon. Be safe out there guys, and go make some $$:) Mike

3. Brother1

Brother1 Member

Been out since 5 am here in metro NY. Have almost 4" and still coming down. Did all the commercial lots and gonna see what the totals are predicted to be. Will head out soon to swipe some commercials again than hit all the residentials when its close to ending. Hope all u guys are making some $$ today. Be safe out there. Alot of people in their SUVs and luxury cars sliding all over the place.

4. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 Banned

this was the pic i took last night just liked the look

last night.jpg

5. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 Banned

this is what i wake up 2 this morning

this moring.jpg

6. oakhill2000

oakhill2000 Member

ok scraped my commercial accounts and I am home for lunch, We are supposed to get a good 8 to 12 inches. still snowing pretty good outside. Will go out once or twice more for commercial accounts and then head out around 9 or 10 tonight and do all my commercial one last time and all my residential accounts all night. Finally I am making some money, I hope all you guys are too, Its about time and they are talking about more snow Monday and Tuesday, but I won't count my chickens before they hatch. We will see, stay safe and have fun! Yes there are alot of people out there who shouldn't be who slow us down and get in the way.

7. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

im home for lunch and to catch the 12:00 weather. they said they are upping snow totals cause the storm is intensifying. real nice easy snow to plow. ill get some pics later on

8. Nozzleman

Nozzleman Senior Member

I figure 8'' in Barrington/East providence When it's done.

9. NNJSnow

NNJSnow Senior Member

We got a good 8" here, good storm. Taking a break for a bit then its back to work.

Susposed to get some more Monday!

JOEG I was out there all night this is my first break in about 15 hours I think, and its only for an hour, Ill be out there all night and again tomarrow.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2003
  10. Joe92GT

Joe92GT Member

You guys have it easy, plow, go home, plow go home.

When I go out to the apartments, I'm there until the storm stops, and then back the next day.

I was out since 1:30 AM, just got back at 2:30 PM.... didn't sleep for over 24 hours, but made tons of cash.

Back out there tomorrow.

11. chrisby316

chrisby316 Senior Member

up all night watching the snow. went out at 7 its now 3:30 gonna start my next shift in about half an hour.

I love when the weatherman is wrong like this!

He said 4-8 we already have 8 inches with 4 more hours of snow left to fall!

12. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

HEY ALL!..........Sorry to tease all ya ! Hannibal got 4 inches
    this AM........Tug Hill, Watertown area gettin' clobbered !
    Gotta love that lake effect ! AH! White gold...Is either
    feast of famine ( like last year) ! Hope you guys in NYC,
    Jersey, Philly and Boston are gettin some !

13. oakhill2000

oakhill2000 Member

Well I was out all day Friday and then all night. I got home at 6:30am and then after an hour and half sleep went back out at 8 to finish up. Made lots of money, I am getting ready for round 2 tomorrow, supposed to start between 9 and 1 and go until late at night. They are saying 4 to 8 and possibly more. This is great finally mother nature is making up for January. I had a few problems though which made the night a little more of a pain. I first broke my passenger side window because the person riding with me wasn't watching his side, so I have to find someone to fix that tomorrow morning. Then I slid off a raised gravel driveway and got stuck. I had to call a neighbor at 2 in the morn and get a ride back to my other truck to pull it out. It put a damper on things. But when the income starts rolling in I will be happier!:) Good luck tomorrow everyone and think snow!

14. A.L. Inc.

A.L. Inc. Member

more snow

Looks like as much as another 6" is on the way for us tomorrow morning and afternoon. Friday was a good storm and it looks like this one may be good. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Mike

15. Nozzleman

Nozzleman Senior Member

There saying 4-6 tommorow and them maybe something on Friday. All I can say is "bring it on." :)

16. oakhill2000

oakhill2000 Member

I just got up an hour ago and just checked the weather. Now they advisory says 4 to 6, then while reading two more popped up with one saying 3 to 5 and the other 2 to 4. So lets hope the friggin weatherman are wrong and we get hit hard again.

17. lamarbur

lamarbur Senior Member

if they're even close to predictions, you'll get another 4 - 6 today, Monday the 10th. Another great day moving snow coming right up.

18. oakhill2000

oakhill2000 Member

just started snowing about a half hour ago, very light and nothing collecting yet. They are saying 3 to 5 before it is over late this evening. I sure hope its closer to 5 but three will do I guess. Its better than nothing

19. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Been snowing here for a couple hours now. Pretty light but getting heavier now. Pavement temps are pretty high so no collection yet. Not sure if this will be a plowable storm.

20. oakhill2000

oakhill2000 Member

Its looking pretty positive right now! The snow has picked up and the radar shows it pretty thick white stuff coming our way. The snow looks pretty wet and they are still saying 4 to 6 before it ends this evening around 8. They say it will fall an inch an hour between 4 and 8 tonight. We will see, good luck to all those in the snowfall area, have fun and think snow!