1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow!!!

Discussion in 'Weather' started by cold_and_tired, Sep 21, 2009.

1. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

IT'S SNOWING!!!

Here in Falcon, CO at 6,831 ft above sea level, I woke up to see it snowing!

It started at a rain/sleet mix but slowly moved over to snowflakes.

We are 3 weeks to a month early for this. I hope it's a sign of things to come.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  2. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Where are the pics?

3. cold_and_tired

Here it is. All I had was my phone but if you look closely at the truck and lawn, you can make out a few flakes.

It was 76* yesterday. I got out and mowed the lawn. I love the Colorado weather patterns.

snow.jpg

4. cold_and_tired

5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Nice but you can keep it.
    Not ready for snow......yet

6. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Dont you know once you put the blade on, the snow wont stick. Better put it back in the garage for a few weeks :cool:

7. cold_and_tired

Well the plow never comes off that truck. It is dedicated for snow removal. I have had it here at the house because I am going through it getting it ready for the season.

But you are right, I used to put the plows on the night before a big storm, but everytime I did the storm went around us.

8. Sandbrew

Sandbrew Member

Looks like I need to get the camera and take some pics of real snow. I am looking at 4-5 inches of heavy wet stuff in my driveway now and it's still coming down. If it hits 6" I'm plowing. :)

First stop the 3 peoplethat still owe me $ from last year to plow them in!!!!!!

Sandbrew

9. cold_and_tired

I was wondering how much you guys in the mountains were going to pick up. The forecast calls for an inch of accumulation for us on Tuesday. What do you expect up there?

10. Sandbrew

Sandbrew Member

Here's a pic from my neighbors front porch for all of you wishing for snow.

Sandbrew

snow2.jpg

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  11. Sandbrew

Sandbrew Member

I never know what to expect based on the Denver reports. I follow a couple of weather geeks on pinecam a local website up here. They get it right about 90% of the time which is 2x better than the Denver weather folks.

Sandbrew

12. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Sandbrew, thats alot of snow for September. You can have it thats for sure.

13. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Wow, as much as that looks good. I am not ready for it. I still have alot of money hanging off the trees and I don't want to have 2 leaf seasons next year that is for sure.

14. JR Snow Removal

JR Snow Removal Senior Member

even tho i dont have as many accounts as i would like yet I'll take snow anytime. so do you guys like rubbing it in? haha i cant wait

15. cold_and_tired

Do we like rubbing it in? Absolutely! I can usually count on the first real event to be around Halloween. Last year at Halloween in was 60*+ outside. I knew we were screwed. I did 31% of my average last year. I ate my fill of Ramen Noodles, believe me.

I'm hoping this early snow is a sign of things to come. I really need to make up for last year.

I have one more landscape install, 300 ft of cedar privacy fence and 60 ft of retaining wall to build. I really dont need the snow until the middle of October but it wouldnt hurt my feelings if it came early.

16. JR Snow Removal

JR Snow Removal Senior Member

well hope you get it and good luck this seasonpayup

17. Sandbrew

Sandbrew Member

Sounds like another round of snow for tonight. I ended up with about 10 inches of snow.

Sandbrew

Colorado Weather Advisories for 22 September, 2009 6:00 MDT

A storm system will bring the threat of heavy snow through Wednesday afternoon to the Front Range Mountains, Foothills and over the Palmer Divide above 6500 feet. Snowfall accumulations of 6 to 12 inches will be possible

18. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Autumn snow..........

19. Snow Day

Snow Day Senior Member

Hey Sandbrew, I was wondering what your email was? Thanks.

20. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Sandbrew you lucky man... 6''! Its September!