1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by finnegan, Oct 26, 2001.

1. finnegan

finnegan Senior Member

we had snow this morning, 1/2 inch but its still snow!
  2. Rob

Rob PlowSite.com Veteran

I read that North Dakota picked up almost 2 feet on Wednesday night and that some of the more urban areas even squeaked out almost 15 inches!!

Get the equipment ready, it's moving this way !!:D
  3. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Rob where are you in CT? I think it is still a good way from you and me but we have to be prepared. I did hear some for Northern New England (Vermont) for the weekend.
  4. 66Construction

66Construction Senior Member

I just saw on the weather channel that it's snowing in Erie Pennsylvania, it's that heavy wet stuff but I wouldn't mind 5" right now.

Happy plowing John!! :cool:
  5. Rob

Rob PlowSite.com Veteran

I'm down along the coast, Stratford to be specific. So I figure it will be at least a month probably two before we get anything worth getting excited over, but I did like to see that it is snowing somewhere.
    I would think that the northern guys (Alan, Mick, Geoff etc.) would be seeing something soon. The Jay Peak ski area website (www.JayPeakResort.com) said they had about 6 inches or so about 2 weeks ago. Of course it is gone now.
    Also one last bit of good news, the New York weather men were calling for a chance of showers or flurries for the northern suburbs.
  6. Armor

Armor Member

No snow here yet but I'm lucky its not. Especially if you read me thread.
  7. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

My brother teaches down in Fairfield. I am only say an hour north but I am way up in elevation. We could see snow before you and we usually get a heavier amount then down there. You are right though it is good to ee someone getting snow.
  8. wolfie

wolfie Senior Member

believe it or not I was just on my way back from picking up a pizza in Torrington and I saw snow flakes hitting the windshield on the truck....

DYNA PLOW Senior Member

thursday night northern WI. got 8-10", 1/2 hour north of me got2"
    let her come i'm ready. going to the black hills next week hope ther's lots of snow out there.
  10. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

i go skiing at jay peak every year. they got 571 inches last year. im ready to put away the leaf blowers and get plowing soon. no sight of snow yet.
  11. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

I am hoping for no snow until I can get my cleanups done. I want to plow buy I do not want to have to pull leafs out of snowbanks.