1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Bad Luck, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

I can't believe some parts of the north east are getting snow already.

Brace yourselves boys, it's going to be a looooooooong winter!! payup :D :drinkup:

2. CrazyPlower

CrazyPlower Member
    from CT

Here we go put the blowers away and hoook the plows up. My uncle has already seen 5 inches of snow in NH

3. little pat

little pat Member

From your lips to Gods ears. Let's hope for a long winter with lots of snow events.

4. JTW

JTW Senior Member

Hells Yeah!!!!! payup

5. mr.plow

mr.plow Member
    from Toronto

WHY!!!:nono: most people that plow snow do so on a contract basis, and get paid no matter how much or how little it snows. less times going out means more of your time lossed and less wearn' tear/ fuel loss. Plus more time for :drinkup: :)

6. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Just heard the short term forecast. Parts of NY can expect up to 12" in the next couple days. Some parts of NE got 12" of rain in the past week and was noted to equal 120" of snow. We're supposed to get ice and a little snow Wednesday night, but doubt if it'll amount to much.

Not many around here are on a contract basis. Matter of fact, no one I know. I had a small contract a few years ago that was real lucrative, but that only lasted a couple of years. No snow = no money; more snow = more money.

7. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Calling for anywhere from a dusting to 4 inches around my area by Wednesday....

8. Andy N.

Andy N. Senior Member

I'm looking out my window right now and it is snowing. We got about an inch in parts of Pittsburgh. Nothing on the roads though. I hate to say it, but it is too early for this. We have mucho work left to do before we even THINK about plowing/salting.

9. JTW

JTW Senior Member

The city pays us by the trip when we do the streets.

10. lorentzlawnsnow

lorentzlawnsnow Senior Member

calling for wet flurries here the next couple nights. not enough to stick yet but its coming quick!payup :bluebounc

11. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

Up in State College PA we already have 2 inches on the grass with heavy slush on the roads and walks.

12. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I'm with you Mr. Plow. Is that how you do it up there on contracts?

13. dubeb31

dubeb31 Member

ya thats why we don't do contracts because either way we make our money...getting$1XX/per hour for each truck and more for the loader makes for a good and profitable winter...BRING ON THE SNOW!payup

14. Allagash

Allagash Senior Member

Not me! I get paid per event.

Bring it on....!!!payup

15. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

i was at a whole sale greenhouse today and a tractor trailer full of trees was being unloaded and the driver was telling me coming up 81 from virginia he hit some snow

16. ynvvbr

ynvvbr Member

LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW!!!!!!!:redbounce

17. PennDOTplower

PennDOTplower Junior Member

Hey DBL up here in Pennsylvania in the western sections and the northern mountains some places got 6 inches of wet snow today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's just too early for this wait at least till the week before opening day of deer !!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Oct 25, 2005
  18. PennDOTplower

PennDOTplower Junior Member

Wing Plow

I recently saw an odd wing plow in Wisconsin, it was being pulled on the trucks' right side on what looked like a trailer. Does anyone know what kind of plow this is and who makes it ? Have any of you ever used it ? Thanks for the help !!!!!!!!!

19. JTW

JTW Senior Member

What a friggin tease... IT was starting to get nice and cold and now it is warming back up to like the 60's [​IMG]

20. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

You hit that right. Most of my places are contract. I make more money if it doesn't snow.