1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Chevytruck85, Dec 5, 2004.

1. Chevytruck85

Chevytruck85 Senior Member

snow i NW connecticut tommorw 2-4 cant wait!!

2. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

Good luck man. My forecast calls for 0 inches of snow, yep a big old zero :cry:

3. 2004F550

2004F550 Senior Member

Where did u get 2-4? accuweather? The 3 bigs ones all say 1-2 then over to rain....... wtnh.com hints at a possible Nor'easter next Sunday into Monday...long way away but at this point something to look for
    .....hope we get 2-4 :redbounce :redbounce

4. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

ya ive read and seen all the local forcasts and none of them said 2-4. i saw 1-2 inches. snow, to sleet, to freezing rain, to rain on tues.

5. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

That is what I heard also. Probably a sanding event only with little scrapping for it.

6. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

1 to 2 is enough to get me scraping/sanding my lots.

7. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

No, not 2-4 boys. According to MikesLandscaping, you will be recieving 3 - 6 inches STATE WIDE! :rolleyes:

8. Mikelandscaping

Mikelandscaping Senior Member

I will be sanding and scraping the driveways as well. I also heard 1-2 inches. And there is a possible big storm sometime next week they are saying

9. cward05

cward05 Senior Member
    from CT

I think only a bit this time, but neverless I will attempt to plow just for fun as I only do my driveway for now. But next week is something to look foreward to. wfsb.com was the first to pick up the change from rain to snow this past week, and I think I am going to trust them again for this weekend's forecast, although wtnh.com indicates a bit of snow then.

10. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

This weekend is looking mostly just rain right now bit who knows they can hardy predict tomorrows weather.It also looks like it may get much colder after the upcoming weekend.

11. godfather039

godfather039 Junior Member

looks like maybe 1 to 2 here in southern R.I.

12. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

real icy event here. sanded everything tonight and gonna hit everything in the morning again.

13. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Just a trace here so far, appears to have stopped snowing, a few more weeks until we get another good storm I think. With the exception of a VERY early storm in southern new england, winter in the northeast is off to a very slow start. They don't even have snow in ski country yet :cry: We are bound to get slammed in jan, feb, and march. :nod: My best guess is that it will start up just after christmas, maybe around new years, when it comes it will stay for a while.

14. bolensdriver

:yow!: I just got finished plowing for the night. :)

15. ChipsEarthWorks

ChipsEarthWorks Senior Member
    from CT

Southwest Conn nothing but Sleet and A very cold rain :realmad: :realmad: Maybe better luck after Christmas or some long range forcast say earlier than that but I do not get my hopes up

16. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

Oddly enough, I think you guys have recieved more snow in Ct. than up here in Vt. Barely managed to scrape a few commercial lots, almost didn't even do that.We aren't expecting any more snow up here than you guys. A little time off has been a welcome change from working seven days a week through the summer though.Guess I wouldn't mind a few more days to finish prepping.

17. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

I knew it wasn't much, just major sanding and scraping in couple places. I also, heard next week weather is gonna change. They "Say" it supposed to be getting colder and maybe some snow will come with it.

Rob

18. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

How much did you guys get?

19. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

Over here we havent had anysnow this year execpt for maybe 1/8 of an inch. And today it rained until about 2pm and now its 57 Outside (it was like 30 last week)!!!! This is absolutly crazy for a december day. If you dont belive me.. www.weather.com zip 48236. If it was like 35 outside we proably would have like 5 inches of snow.

20. bolensdriver

Not much last night, but I plow sidewalks and they need to be scraped to the surface.

We only had 1/4 of an inch.

Today we have about a half an inch of sleet, and a 1/4 inch of snow. State is plowing & sanding/salting, town is salting/sanding.

I have seen a couple guys plowing today (parking lots).

Did you get any?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2004