1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ptllandscapeIL, Jan 23, 2004.

1. ptllandscapeIL

ptllandscapeIL Senior Member

hey anyone who loves snow as much as i do its coming today friday 2-4' then sunday or monday there talking about a real storm already talking 3-6' its about time .we ha vent had a real storm since 99 with 24 ' baby bring it on

96 dodge ram with western 2000 tailgate spreader
    95 ford f250 with western unimount pro plow

2. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

Well, don't hold your breath. The way it looks to me, we won't see a plowable event until next week. Even that one we will be lucky to see 3-4". Not enough to break a sweat. The plus side is it will be dry and powdery. Easier on the trucks.

3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Another teaser from Mother Nature. Promise's us a good time and changes her mind at the last minute! "it's too cold", "not enough moisture" "Didn't you just get it 3 days ago?"

4. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

Another reason why they call her MOTHER nature. only a woman would be so difficult. j/k :D :D

5. ptllandscapeIL

im not sure where in indy u live but im watchign wgn right now and tomm skilling said by dinner togniht 2-3 inches of powder then sunday into monday there callign fpr close to 6 inches i love this cold weather! i hate pushign wet snow !!!!!!

6. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Hey if it hits Ill, that means it's gotta pass through her right :nod: let's just hope there is a little left for us small people :p

7. Plow Meister

According to weather.com this system looks like it is going to get Western MI with a few inches. Have fun Eyesell:redbounce

8. MickiRig1

I have light dust falling right now. Trucks topped off and ready to roll. Who schedules this stuff anyway? Seems to fall on nights I have to work my "Other job" at least this year it has! Weather channel's showing one system after another rolling through all week. Promises, Promises!

9. ptllandscapeIL

LOL it always works that way,there saying Sunday into monday chicago is getting a system the moving east bound there saying this is gonan actually be something

10. Plow Meister

I'm gonna hit the road for a while now. Snow seems to be sticking now. I may have to throw soem salt down soon. It is at that point where I don't know for sure if I should really salt or if customers will just think I am looking for a paycheck. Only time can tell, I guess.

11. ptllandscapeIL

hey guys,just got in from an 8 hour run we had 2 inches i was pushing not to much but alot of salt its ok made some cash doing one of the things i love doing!

12. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

13. ptllandscapeIL

I live in dupage county thats about 20 miles west of chicago

14. MickiRig1

Got about 4 inches in Akron OH. Got to play again. Still looking for a real storm Ms. Mother Nature. We would plant flowers for you in the spring if you give us some great storms.

15. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

We got three here but were getting 4-8" tonight :D payup :nod: