1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Tim C, Nov 26, 2003.

1. Tim C

Tim C Member

Is it going to snow before Christmas, I hope so.... If anybody has a web sit for good long rang out looks, would appreciate it, at least some thing to get my hopes up.:bluebounc payup :drinkup:

Thanks Tim C Let It Snow!!!!
  2. Boots_R_On

Boots_R_On Junior Member

Sit tight Mass., it'll be there before here.

Go get your palm read.
  3. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

Farmers almanac & accuweather
  4. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

unfortunatly mass i havea feeling that were not getting much snow this year.well maybe an average snow fall remember last year was bad for our area i mean camon it snowed a foot before thankgiving thats like almost un heard of so i dont think we will get snow until end of des beg of jan. the ground hasnt even froze yet
  5. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Unfortunately, I have to agree with newhaven, here in Michigan, we got a rain storm last Monday with it turning into freezing rain for about an hour. It's 47 right now:cry: :cry: , I want to make some payup. I have been hearing several outlooks, since last year was so weak most people around here say we're going to get hit pretty hard.

I keep telling them I can't wait :D
  6. phoenix827

phoenix827 Member

hell, We got SLAMMED last year! That was the whole reason i GOT a plow! Last I heard was it was supposed to be a lot like last year, but THAT was obviously wrong!
  7. 66Construction

66Construction Senior Member

It's all the thoughts of last year making everyone anxious. We don't usualy see snow untill mid December where I am, Although if it was colder we'd be burried in snow, it has rained an awful lot lately, more coming too.
  8. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

don't listen to easthavenplower he doesn't like to plow lol lol
  9. IndySnowPlowers

IndySnowPlowers Member
    from Indiana

I think we're all going to be playing golf in January. After we got slammed here in Indy last year, have a feeling it's going to be a warm winter and lots of that R word...rain.

You just never know though...that's the beauty of it!
  10. If I end up getting a new plow and we don't get snow soon, I'll be driving up to northern michigan to look for jobs there.
  11. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

take me with you, we can convoy together :waving:
  12. harley hauler

harley hauler Senior Member

The farmers almanc is saying that november and december are going to be near normal for snow precip, same for jan. Tehier saying that feb. is going to be a big month for snow giving a few storm 12" + but like anything else we live in new england so you never know what's going to happen. I think that the only job you can have and not worry about getting fired for ******* up all the time is to be a weather man !!!! It will be here at some point:confused:
  13. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

For us in connecticut...From news channel 8 weather....For the record, November will likely close out this weekend with a monthly average temperature of about two degrees above normal. That puts us in the 70 percent category of a milder than normal winter with less snow than normal. But those are just the odds. For snow lovers, there is that 30 percent chance that the winter will turn out otherwise.:(
  14. imasnowpro

imasnowpro Member

Why does everyone think that because we're in the snow business we're expert meterologists? I don't know any more about what the weather's going to do than anyone else!
  15. slowpoke

slowpoke Member

AMEN! All you can do is be ready and don't spend the $$$ until the snow is in nice BIG piles.
  16. imasnowpro

imasnowpro Member

If you can wait until the snow is in big piles before you start spending, you're a better man than me. Usually I'm plowing to pay off expenses.
  17. It's kinda snowing here right now, it's not sticking though! :(
  18. imasnowpro

imasnowpro Member

Ya - we had the same thing here yesterday. Just a little tease to remind us to get everything ready and to give a kick in the butt to those customers who have not renewed.