1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow X 325 Spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Hambrick & Co., Jan 18, 2008.

1. Hambrick & Co.

Hambrick & Co. PlowSite.com Addict

Is anyone using a snow ex 325 spreader? I just installed one yesterday and would like to hear what people think of them. I am doing two small apartment lots (30 spaces each) and up until today was salting the lots with a 100# cap. earthway spreader. Let my know your thoughts. (will post pics later today of the spreader install) Thanks :bluebounc

2. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

I have the Snowex 575 and it works very good it will spread a pattern of almost 40' at full speed i only use #1 bagged rock salt so yours should be comparable.

3. 01FordPlower

01FordPlower Member
    from PA

We have them on the back of our quads. I think they are to big for the back of the quads, but better on the back of a truck. The only problem we have had is the controllers sometimes brake, but I told them that is because those control boxes are not supposed to be outside getting wet. Use it well!

4. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

They work good as long as you keep it clean and empty the hopper when finished..Where r those pics?..LOL

5. Hambrick & Co.

Its like -17 degrees out right now a little to cold to take pics now. Maybe I will snap some tonight if we get a chance to go out and salt. I have used it twice now and im pretty happy with the results. The one thing I dont like is that I am getting some kick back of salt which ends up on the bumper. Not only is this a waste of product it just is a pain to keep that back area clean. Has anyone fabbed up a back plate to prevent this?

6. streetfrog

streetfrog Senior Member

Best way I found is goto Home Depot to the plumbing area. Get some shower pan liner rubber. It is sold by the foot as it is on a roll. About $3 a foot. It is 36" wide. Get about 6-7 feet worth and attach it to the tailgate. It will hang down below the bumper and allow the mix to drop down to the ground.

7. Hambrick & Co.

SO I just attach to the top of the tail gate? Any thoughts of running with out the tailgate? I carry a 50# walk behind speader and a toro snow blower. With the salter on im not really sure how im going to get the blower in and out. What about putting a 2x8 or 10 to prevent things from falling out of the bed in place of the tail gate.