1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Wolf Skid Steer tires--anybody use them

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by hotsprings77, Dec 7, 2003.

1. hotsprings77

hotsprings77 Member

Anybody tried the Snow Wolf skid steer tires, I think they are called wolf paws or something like that. Skid steer is marking the asphalt with rear chains on. I am running the low profile tires, so getting e rated truck tires is out of the question. Need to get more traction, can't really push crap with the the Cat 262 and Blizzard 810ss combo. Would love a pair of rubber tracks, but Mclaren tracks are 4grand out the door. any suggestions would be great. mark
  2. Chris Marino

Chris Marino Junior Member

Yes we have 10 sets on our skidsteers and they are great!
  3. jiriki87

jiriki87 Member

How much did they cost per tire? Do you know of a website where I can look at them. thanks
  4. Chris Marino

$1100 per set. I do not think they have a web site.
  5. jiriki87

jiriki87 Member

$1100.00 per set, is that just for the tires or wheels and tires? Studded, or are they like blizzak snow tires? thanks for any advice or suggestions.
  6. Chris Marino

thats for non studded tires and wheels.
  7. jiriki87

jiriki87 Member

Are you referring to the Galaxy hulk r-4 tires? Do they come sipped? I'm hoping to purchase some tires for a decent price. Some one else plows with a Cat 262 with a 10 foot snow pusher. I know the big Cat can plow more then it is capable of plowing now. Low pros with the Cat square link chains on the back tires.

Any advice would be great,

8. elmo1537

elmo1537 Senior Member

snow wolf tires

where do i find a dealer that sells these tires?
  9. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

I also would like to know. I have a 262 and the chains mess up asphalt sometimes. I don't have low pro. just regular tires 12x16.5. Was wondering if anyone but truck tires on instead and what size. Was thinging of putting the thin ag tires on like on my kubota which goes through any depth of snow.
  10. R.M Hanson

R.M Hanson Junior Member

I hope this helps

Hi there. Just saw that you had some questions with your tires on your skidloader. Your right, the wide tires just don't have enough traction for snow, and 1100 bucks for a set of tires seems a bit crazy. I got some rims from the junkyard and adapted them to fit. Your skid loader has 8 bolt hubs with the same bolt circle as ford 3/4 ton rims. The holes will need to be drilled out a little to accept the larger stids on the skidloader, but otherwise work fine. Then Find a heavy duty work tire, ( I use goodyear workhorse XG's ) and you will be amazed at the difference. I have had good luck with this and I see several other machines using this set up. Just take them off in the summer and put the regular tires bak on. I hope this helps.
  11. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

Thanks hanson! Do you own a 262 CAt? I would love to see some pics with those tires. I will try to get some rims from junk yard.
  12. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

I forgot to ask how did snow tires work on the skidsteer? Did you ever try snow tires or just the goodyears?

13. R.M. any 3/4 ton Ford or does it have to be a specific year? Do you know what size the CAT's wheel studs are compared to the Fords wheel stud?

Happy New Year.....
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2006

14. YO hotsprings www.tirerack.com has E rated snow tires with studs for $84.00 each. So for $336.00 for tires and $100.00 or less for Ford rims you will be running with great traction and a nice smooth ride.....
  15. getmydrift

getmydrift Member

I put on a set of wolf paw studded tires on my S250 Bobcat a couple weeks ago, used them 3 times, good traction 6% driveway no chains, no slip, 8 in of snow paid 1200, for wheels and tires. a much narrower tire. much better w/o chains. no deep stuff yet, so far so good. will post eval. later
    more sierra snow, not rain!
  16. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

Have any pics with them on. Please let us know how they work out for you.

17. rgjlawn

rgjlawn Member

Wolf Paws

have a set like new for sale,will not bolt on our new A300 but will bolt on all other bobcat, new hooland ect. p/m me for price. Ps they work super on snow.:yow!: :yow!: :yow!:
  18. elmo1537

elmo1537 Senior Member

cannot pm

I can not do pm but i am very interested. if they are still available please email me at theperfectcut@isp.com thanks tony
  19. bennion

bennion Junior Member
    from Montana

Slid off again

Hi- brand new here, and tired of sliding off into my wife's flower garden. I'm currently renting a case 445 to bucket off our 600' drive with up to 11% grades, some a bit sideways- one area I slide on regularly. Also on the verge of buying an a300. Why do the snowpaws not fit on the A300, and what other option are you using? I'd rather go with the toolcat if I can't find a good AWS way to keep traction on side grades (debating).
  20. In2toys

In2toys Senior Member

old thread new question???

What about the center hole on the Ford rims? The center hole on my Deere / New holland rims are 6 in diameter...