1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow wolf plows?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by rob_cook2001, Aug 12, 2010.

1. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

Just want to see how everyone is liking there snow wolf plows. I am thinking about ordering a 8ft and a 9ft for our skids this season and want to see how they are holding up. Also wondering if anyone has the snow wolf wings on there plow's.
    Thanks
    Robert

2. Knockah22

Knockah22 Senior Member

We have had our plows for 1 season and they were great. We had a few bolts missing and had some wear on our Fast-tach sides. But flipping them over will give me another season out of them. I used the wings on our 10ft blades and they were great. I have to replace the rubber bottom on one of the wings. The blades themselves held up extremely well. Here is a clip of the 10ft with wings. Sorry for the quality. Hope this helps.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/g3UTDy6jEBo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/g3UTDy6jEBo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

3. dayexco

dayexco Senior Member

looks to me as though you're only getting 5-6 yds snow in a push, the way that's rigged, kind of defeating the purpose of a loader there, isn't it?

4. pieperlc

pieperlc Senior Member
    from 4-5

Can't speak from personal experience, but looked at them real hard before buying a Daniels. They look really well made and I think you'd be happy with them. I like the fast-tach system they have now, but they didn't have that when we were looking. Take a look at the Daniels with the pusher kit. You really can't hurt it.

5. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

On the Daniels website their 963 skid is struggling a bit with a 12' straight w/pusher kit. I think Daniels is well made stuff as well but isn't a 12-14' blade a stretch on even large skids? I too am looking seriously at a 10' Snow Wolf Ulta.

6. Knockah22

Knockah22 Senior Member

It holds plenty of snow, its not a pusher but it does exactly what we need it to. The video is of me plowing the last of the snow, wasnt much there to push. The purpose of our loaders is to plow snow... We use them for both city streets, and parking lots which is why it has a blade and no pusher.

7. pieperlc

pieperlc Senior Member
    from 4-5

We got the 10'. When we purchased it the owner was trying to talk us into a 12'. He said they typically use a 16' on their 963.

8. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

I think you made the safe choice. 16' is crazy big for a skidsteer, maybe with 2-3" or less of snowfall it would be ok.

9. Martinson9

Martinson9 Senior Member

We have a Cat 236 and have an 8ft with wings. I love the setup. The wings are great. They really increase your ability to carry snow and make cleanup much quicker.

10. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

Looked into the snow wolf system for skids last year.
    The kage was the exact same thing for less money. Then I find out here that snow wolf licenses the patent from Kage.

11. 9'2" boss v

9'2" boss v Junior Member

We have 2 9' with wings. Have had them since they came out years ago. Very strong blade

12. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

What price range were we looking at for a kage plow?