1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow wings for heavy duty trucks

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by cdqat1432, Jan 6, 2013.

1. cdqat1432

cdqat1432 Member

Has anyone done this? I know you can't drive down the road over 8.5 feet wide angled but I would save time even if I had to remove and reattach after every job. I am surprised the manufacturers haven't looked into this.
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

3. cdqat1432

cdqat1432 Member

No, I was thinking more like the plow wings made by Western.
  4. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Are you talking about added on wings?

My word, have you heard of Buyers Pro-Wings?

Buyers also have manual retractable wings for their strait blades.

Western/Blizzard/Fisher has the wide-out plow.

I have a set of pros on my 9ft. plow, pushes it out a shade over 10 ft..........

5. cdqat1432

cdqat1432 Member

They make them for the tall 10' plows? They aren't the same light duty wings that all the Meyer plow guys are running are they? I always see them get bent. I'll have to look into that. Thank you.
  6. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

I get what you are saying now. Your not necessarily looking for a standard wing set-up, but something more durable.

I've never had problems with my pro-wings or any truck I've run them on, but then again, I may not be as rough on them as most people.

They work great on my tall 9' blade I guess you can make the argument that they aren't quit big enough for the tall blade, but they do the job by keeping the trail-off on my cutting side at a minimum when at full angle, and help to keep snow on the moldboard when pushing strait.

7. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

Because they won't hold up to the weight of a large truck.

I had some custom built for my Monroe blade and they bent pretty quickly. Still function, but they aren't easy off\on anymore.