1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow wings for BOSS Plows

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Wayne Volz, Dec 23, 2010.

1. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

Has anyone used aftermarket wings on their BOSS plow? Boss does not recommend it I know. I was just curious if anyone has done it and if so, how did they work?

2. MahonLawnCare

MahonLawnCare Senior Member
    from Ohio

we do, have pro wings (buyers brand) on our older boss plows with the ribs you have to weld on and the newer style where you just drill the two posts in and they work fine. Boss doesn't recommend that you use aftermarket wings because then they can't rock you the outrageous $775.00 for there brand. they work fine, i would never pay that much just because it says boss

3. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I have used pro wings on my old meyer plows and they worked just as good as any name brand plow wing out there. They were built tough and made my life a lot easier.I dont think he is bashing the Boss wings. He is just stating there is an alternative out there that will do just as good of a job at a cheaper price.

4. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

Thanksme and love

Thanks for your input. We have been running pro wings on our Meyer plows for many years.

They do help out for sure. I appreciate your help. Getting ready to plow Christmas Day and a couple more times through the week end. Looks like 3-6 inches over the next two days a good bet.

Merry Christmas to all.

5. mrsnowman

mrsnowman Senior Member

We have run pro wings on boss plows for years. They work fine, but you will go through them pretty fast if you do a lot of plowing. We don't like the rubber edges. They wear too fast so we replaced them with poly. We also have some Boss wings. They are much nicer and will last a lot longer. They are also easier on your plow. The cost is almost 4x, but we do think they are worth it.

6. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

Thanks

Thanks for everyone's input. We are going to try a set of Boss Wings, I want to find out if they last as long as I have been told by many contractors.

7. Bossplower

Bossplower Member

boss wings

You will love the boss wings!!

Bossplower

8. oley27

oley27 Junior Member
    from midwest

Thumbs up for the Boss Wings

9. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

EXACTLY!!!

Boss wings are pretty, but not $700.00 pretty.

10. cbelawn

cbelawn Member

2 years with pro wings on boss plow and no rubber problems. lost the parking lot this year so i might sell them