1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow wings anyone?

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by dirtymax, Dec 12, 2010.

1. dirtymax

dirtymax Junior Member
    from Ontario

Has anyone ever put a set of the Buyers Snowings on a 7.6 curtis?? How'd they work out?

2. South Seneca

South Seneca Senior Member

I have Buyers on my Curtis Sno Pro 3000. They work great.

A couple suggestions. I think I'm going to reinforce the outside vertical edge buy welding a piece of angle iron to the back side.

What happened is, the guy I bought the plow from hit curbs when plowing bank lots. That bent the bottom outside corners back which makes the rubber edge want to ride up and over any hard snow.

If the snow is really hard, I take them off. The nice thing is, they go on and off, quick and easy once initially installed.

Bottom line, Buy'em. You won't be sorry.

3. dirtymax

dirtymax Junior Member
    from Ontario

Was it a big job to install them? You wouldn't happen to have any pics do you?

4. bronco91

bronco91 Senior Member
    from wyckoff

I was intersed in them to.

5. South Seneca

I'm not computer wise enough to post pics. I'll get my son to put some up when he stops by.

I didn't put mine on. They were on it when I bought the plow, but it looks like a pretty simple job. You will need some way to make a one inch hole in the moldboard where the inner lug passes through. Mine was cut with a torch. You'll want to touch up the paint if you do that. The outside hangers are drilled and bolted to the moldboard.

I also put an extra bolt through the top of the rubber edge to keep it from tipping forward. It also keeps crap from getting down between the rubber and the wing and freezing in there.

I put a vertical strip or truckers reflector tape along the outside end, front and back to make it easier for others to see.

6. dirtymax

dirtymax Junior Member
    from Ontario

South Seneca - does your blade have the supports on the back side of the moldboard that run horizontal with the moldboard?

7. bronco91

bronco91 Senior Member
    from wyckoff

Dose the wings turn the plow in to scoop

8. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

9. South Seneca

I would expect that the mounting brackets must come with the wings. My wings were on the plow when I bought it.

I wouldn't really call it a scoop, but it definitely moves more snow.

10. 600rrpilot

600rrpilot Senior Member

My wings are priceless to me. Literally cut my time on my route by at LEAST 40%

11. dirtymax

dirtymax Junior Member
    from Ontario

I wasn't talking about the brackets for the wings being included, i was talking about the supports on the back side of our/your blade. My plow has pieces of 4' angle welded in between the ribs and i think they may be right in line with the mouinting post of the wings that goes through the moldboard with the pin in it on the back side of the plow.........not sure if i can even mount these on my plow

12. South Seneca

I think you'll see that that angle is well above where the hole goes through the moldboard.

Can someone take a pic of the backside, and show where that pin goes through?

13. jonnywong

jonnywong Member

I just put a set of these on my Curtis 7.5" sno pro. The install is straight forward and should take no longer than 2 hrs. So far they have worked great and definitely saved me some time. Ill see how they hold up the rest of the season.

On a side note, I think they advertise them to add 1' to the plow but my Curtis is closer to 9' with the wings on.

14. dirtymax

dirtymax Junior Member
    from Ontario

jonnywong - could you post a pic of the back side of your blade with the wings on? I'm curious about mounting location of the pin that comes through the moldboard, my curtis has the 4 inch angle supports on the backside of the blade.

15. jonnywong

jonnywong Member

My angle supports were starting to rust through so i just popped a hole in them, it didn't take much. I don't really think there is any way around it, the pin you are talking about comes through right in the middle of where that support is. Luckily for me (or not so luckily) that angle support wasn't in great condition so i didn't mind popping a hole in it. At the end of the season i plan on ripping the support out altogether and welding in a new one. Ill try and get some pics for you tomorrow.