1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SNOW ? whats the weather doing by you?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by cincy snowdog, Jan 13, 2006.

1. cincy snowdog

cincy snowdog Senior Member

we have fory eight and rain here ,who's got the snow? we are supposed to get one to two inches tonight.
  2. Groundmovers

Groundmovers Member
    from NE CT.

Making me cry......:cry:
  3. paponte

paponte Senior Member

Well it sure ain't snowing! They are sayng MAYBE an inch for Sunday. Wo0ooptie dooo0!! Looks like January is going down as a wash! :cry:
  4. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser Senior Member

I went ahead and put my plow on just in case, do you think the roads will be to warm to plow I don't think I will salt.
  5. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

rain forecasted
  6. cincy snowdog

well they are saying it will drop fast and get real windy,when the front comes they are saying it will drop fast and heavy flakes,last one we had was fast and dropped an inch in about fifteen mins. so i think yeh the first part will melt then freeze up and get slick ,so get salt ready.if you remember in 1997 this same kind of storm came and stalled here and gave us fourteen inches of flurries,man the weather guys were wrong then, maybe they are wrong again so we are always ready.
  7. cincy snowdog

hey gateway where is zone 6?
  8. Gatewayuser

Its a plant zone, I'm in Warren County.
    Well off I go to get gas and put the salt spreader on.
  9. aussem2

aussem2 Junior Member

well let see yesterday it was about 55 then today it droped off to like 35 rained in the moring all of a sudden changed to snow was really windy got about in inch of wet stuff then down poor of rain again:cry:
  10. daninline

daninline Senior Member

I just checked the weather and they are calling for 2-4" of snow Sunday payup
  11. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Hit 63 today raked the lawn again.Might get rain tonight and maybe 1-2 inches after its rains hi tomorrow in the 30's
  12. Gatewayuser

Hey Cinci watch 19 news their getting ready to tell the snow totals and about another snow storm building.
    Also when I was at the gas station I saw my main commercial customer and he said go ahead and plow and salt tonight. Ooooh yeaaaaa just that job is $1200.
  13. Gatewayuser

Well so much for that now on 12 and 9 they are saying a dusting to an 1" tonight, ohio weather sucks.:cry:
  14. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

That was DUMB!!!!!:realmad:
    See this is what happens when you put your plow on early. I would have left it off until there was 2" on the ground.

As of right now, it could be a white out condition and I won't put a plow on anything or put salt in the truck until I get a phone call saying get going and start plowing. Not taking any chances at this point. :dizzy:
  15. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

Right now its raining and 49 degrees. The forcasters are all screwy (as usual) on this one. One guy is saying that the rains going to change to snow tonight temps will brop 30-35 degrees and we'll get 3-5 inches, the others are saying just rain through tomorrow with a change over late and a dusting to an inch.:realmad: :realmad: There is hatdly any snow left on the ground here, just the snow banks are left, might have to start mowing if this keeps up!!!
  16. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

Lots of rain now, will be turning colder and drop up to 2" by Sunday morn. They say the rain is emptying the system of moisture thats why were not going to get a lot of snow. Sunday will be cold, then 40* the rest of the week:realmad:

My plan is to wait till the freezing temps hit, drop a crap load of salt, go back home and continue planning for spring. I just signed myself up for a certification course through Versa-Lok on Segmental Retaining Walls. They manufacture them right here in town, so hopefully I'll get a better price than I was paying and with the certification I may even land a few more jobs.

Salting is the only thing saving my butt (well really its the wifes job at this dismal point) Does anyone else have the feeling were going to get slammed with snow in March and April. You know the kind where its 60* one day and 30* next with 6" of wet snow?
  17. Daner

Daner PlowSite.com Addict

Light flurries

The rain has stopped here last night...started blowing like crazy since 4am this morning...Still very gusty and 28 degres Gust at 50 mile per hour now...wind from the north.
    I'm being good my plow is off and i don't think there will be anything worth plowing.
    they say that theres another storm coming on tuesday up here in NW Ontario...the ground should stay cold...that will be good for the gravel drives.
    Planning on making a snow machine...the wife can run that on the driveways then i can go plow:) :yow!:
    Let er snow
  18. ECS

ECS Senior Member

Hae had 11 plow events so far. Forecast is for 2-3 tonight and another 2 tomorrow.
  19. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

Its going to be a high of 62 yes 62 today with temps dropping fast overnight with heavy snow after midnight with a morning low of 8 .Got to love New England 3-6 for sunday
  20. DESTEFANO3782

DESTEFANO3782 Senior Member

Thank God For Seasonal Contracts!!!! But Who Knows We Still Have All Of Feb To Get Wacked