1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Wensday??

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Chevytruck85, Dec 15, 2006.

1. Chevytruck85

Chevytruck85 Senior Member

Possable snow wensday for new england, anybody hear anything?
  2. lamarbur

lamarbur Senior Member

a very slight possibility of snow showers,, won't add up to anything
  3. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Accuweather -
    Wednesday, Dec 20:
    Mostly sunny High: 41°F Low: 24 °F
  4. 06HD BOSS

Do any of you guys from CT remember the winter of 2001/2002? We only had 1 plowable snow, maybe like 3-6" if i remember right? It stayed snow free until feb-march i think. Looking at the figures on NOAAs website the northeast had a long drought through the whole winter. We had above average temps and below average precip.
  5. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

I remeber that winter. We been having some major rain since last October 2005. I never seen so much rain here like this year also. Maybe we will have drought winter again. Summer of 05 was big drought here then in October rained like crazy and also this year rained like crazy. This is why I am thinking maybe we will have drought winter. If so thank god for contracts. Etheir way don't care if snow or no snow.
  6. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

figures, they are not callin for the snow now on tuesday. we will see, its 4 days away still. I have some hope. Im still picking up my plow on monday!:redbounce
  7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Stroker,Dont pick up your plow...It'll jinx us for sure!
  8. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

I was planning on buying a new spreader this winter, my western pro-flo is getting to small for me. So far im glad i decided to wait and see how the winter goes.
  9. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

The end of the month looks good 26th they keep on forcasting snow and ice. Still to far out but we will soon see.This is on accuweather.
  10. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

nothing gonna happen till 07. mark it down on the calander.
  11. GSE

GSE Senior Member

December 2007. :waving:
  12. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I just checked back. I had 8 storms in 2001-2002 winter. One in Dec then most in Jan/Feb and one in March. I guess the Litchfield hills do get more snow.
  13. rgrimes945

rgrimes945 Senior Member

I guess your safe, you never said which Wednesday...
  14. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

LOL yea, just looked again and accuweather is still forcasting snow and ice for...the night before christmas and christmas day. We will soon see. maybe they are just trying to cheer us up for the christmas spirit.:eek:
  15. 06HD BOSS

Ah man not here. Rain and 45* and we're more north of you
  16. Stark_Enterprises

Stark_Enterprises Senior Member

I pray to the snow gods every night.:angel: ..I also thank god I decided to attend cheney Technical Highschool in manchester and Got a degree in Heating and Air conditioning..And am able to stil keep busy during the winter! Enough is Enough with this Warm weather. The "normal people" :rolleyes: are Enjoying it WAYY To much..
    I heard Brad Field say the other night that in the winter of 95/95 ( worst winter in the last 10 or so years) we did not get our first measurable snow fall till after christmas. So I will hold out hope. payup
  17. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

Do I recall the winter of 2001 and 2002.Hmm Hell yes I do baby.1 push in december was on Christmas eve got to leave the mother in laws house early to go meet up with my buddys and go plow 8 inches.Was a true Christmas present.Leaving the Mother in laws house early LMAO.Then 1 push in January with 4 salt events.The Febuary was like hitting the lottery.Valentines was on friday it snowed from friday night till monday morning.I was out 72 hours straight hitting my lots then the restaurants before lunch after lunch rush before dinner and after dinner rush for 3 days straight:redbounce .Then the next Friday it did it all over again in the same exact order friday till monday:bluebounc .What a great winter gosh it was great.Do you think I was happy with that winter?purplebou

18. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

I am very frustrated becuase I had all my winter storm data recorded on my computer before it crashed. We are talking date, time of the storm, official storm total, total events for the year. Since then I am very careful about what I put on my computer. I went out 12 times though last year, 2005-2006 season. This year we havnt gone out yet (latter part of 2006) Hopefully we will get slammed in early 2007
  19. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

I remember the Winter of 02-03 was sick. We must have gotten around 70 inches the whole season.

As for now, I'm really starting to get ticked off at all my friends and family being so excited about no snow/warm weather. I would like a nice 10" storm just to shut them up! (And to fill my wallet!)
  20. M&A Property Maintenance

M&A Property Maintenance Senior Member

a 10 incher would be sweet, but i'll settle for 3, or at this point anything!!!!!!!!!!