1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow-way weak to push large snow piles

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by donny boy, Dec 4, 2003.

1. donny boy

donny boy Junior Member

i am having difficulty pushing large snow piles with my 8'6"snow-way plow... the hydraulics tend to buckle in the sides that i push with.. they don't bend but the pressure pushes the plow to the direction i am pushing on.... is there any way i can stop it from doing this or a better way to push the piles?..... I am new to the plowing industry and any advise would be greatly appreciated...
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2003
  2. Got Snow

Got Snow Senior Member

check for some flow control adjustment.......you should be all set after that
  3. BoulderBronco

BoulderBronco Senior Member

That will happen if you are trying to push too much with one side of the blade.
  4. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

there is a pressre relief on the plow. It's possible that the pressure relief setting could not be adjusted right so it gives way without much effort.
  5. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

If that's a new plow it has test ports, so it's a fairly easy and cheap procedure for your dealer to check the relief pressures on the swing cylinders. It has been my experience that those plows are fairly prone to needing the relief valves turned up.