1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow-Way Plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ImpressPlowing, Oct 20, 2012.

1. ImpressPlowing

ImpressPlowing Member
    from NYC

good moring everyone, I recently bought a f-250 to add to the fleet, i had all intentions of putting a Fisher MM2 7.6 on it, when i went to pick it up it had a Snow-Way 22 poly plow on it, what do you guys think leave it on and see what happens? or spend the bucks to put a fisher on. Anyone use these homeowner type plows?
    Thanks in advance

(alittle about us, we are a NYC based company and plow 12 large shopping centers)

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

A 7.6 is small to begin with and the snow way will be trashed in no time

3. ImpressPlowing

ImpressPlowing Member
    from NYC

Our fisher MM2 are all 8' my mistake, but yea I was thinking my guys will blow up the SnowWay plow in one storm

4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

The Snow-Way 22 poly plow seams like it would be really small for a F-250. I would put your 8' Fisher on it if it was me.

5. ImpressPlowing

ImpressPlowing Member
    from NYC

I would have to buy one I'm actually thinking about a fisher EX-v 8'6" thoughts?

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I don't know how they got it on there. Is it a factory mount???? How about a picture?

7. ImpressPlowing

ImpressPlowing Member
    from NYC

How they got what on there?

8. 1olddogtwo

Buddy of mine had one on his 250 years ago

9. 1olddogtwo

Now ur in the game

10. ImpressPlowing

ImpressPlowing Member
    from NYC

Lol never was a fan of v plow here in NYC there's not a huge need for it

11. 1olddogtwo

Good for clean ups

12. ImpressPlowing

ImpressPlowing Member
    from NYC

Update- bought a v-plow yesterday, fisher mm1, got it for a steal, so problem solved, NOW should I throw the snow-way on a bronco to leave in a account, thoughts?

13. John143

John143 Senior Member
    from NEPA PA

Throw the snow-way in the garbage and buy yourself a nice snowdogg. Thumbs Up

14. ImpressPlowing

ImpressPlowing Member
    from NYC

Haha I have thought about that, I was actually looking to try out a snow Dogg but this fisher came and fell in my lap,
    I run 2 salt Dogg spreaders and they've been pretty good to me

15. John143

John143 Senior Member
    from NEPA PA

I would have to agree. The best part is the price!! payup

16. jamesdavidbell

jamesdavidbell Junior Member

Sno-Way Great for my Wrangler but ...

My Jeep Wrangler has had 2 Sno-Way plows, 1996 and 2012 22. Works great for 16 residentials and commercials - especially tight spaces. Two problems: the upper pins (?) on the two snow shoes have bent badly after 1 year and the e-ring which holds the spring tight and one of the two main connection pins broke.

My dealer said to heat the shoes and then straighten the pins. I wonder if that won't just weaken them and maybe I should bore out the holes on the plow frame and use my older shoes which came with the older plow or will that affect the integrity of the frame?

The E-ring replacement cost $52. $2.45 for two rings (an spare extra) and installation. Seems excessive.

Comments?

17. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Sell it to me. How much you want for it?