1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow way Plow Power feed

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Duke16, Dec 31, 2005.

1. Duke16

Duke16 Junior Member

Hi Guys, Gals
    What a great site, new this year to plowing.

I am installing a used snow way 25 series plow on a 1997 Chev and would like some info on wiring of main from battery.This is what I have come up with but not 100 percent sure. Cable to 150 amp breaker then to solenoid then to plow ?. Also would like to get maintance /install book if one available.

Thanks For any info

Duke
    Union,Ont, Can

2. addicted

addicted Senior Member

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Positive battery to BAT terminal on 150 amp breaker
    AUX on 150 amp breaker to BAT on 12v Motor Solenoid
    power out to plow

Put a New 12volt motor solenoid in the system and save the old one for a spare(?) or buy 2 and throw the old one away. A western part will work if that's easier to find. They are relatively cheap and a pain in the butt to change in the middle of a storm. Their life span depends on maintenance and the operator.

You can get a manual from a couple places.
    Ask your local dealer, if he doesn't have one he should be able to get you one from Snoway.
    Should that not work contact Snoway directly about a manual, they have a link at the top of the page. Factory people participate in the site a lot. Super people to deal with.
    Finally if you can't get one any other way let me know. I'm a DE/USA dealer I will arrange for you to get one. I doubt it will come to that. If your dealer doesn't get it Snoway will make sure you do.

You bought a great plow. I hope this helps you get it up and running.

4. Duke16

Duke16 Junior Member

Thanks for the great reply's.Exactly what I was after.

Also on the 150 breaker what side is battery and aux?

Thanx Again and Happy New Year

Duke

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Molded right in to the housing

6. Just installed no go

I just installed the st 6'8 snow and all i get is a flashing green on light when i hit any of the buttons.....I have the batt going to the 150 breaker, positive and negative wires going to the leads on the plow it's self......am i missing a Solenoid in the loop? ? i have not opened the cover of the plow it's self the thing is damn near brand new ......To bad i wasn't around when they took it off of the original truck..... any ideas.... thx

7. Duke16

Duke16 Junior Member

Yes you will need solenoid after amp/breaker.i will try to get the wiring manual to you .

8. Duke16

Duke16 Junior Member

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You say you have a green flashing light when you press the controls, That's functioning correctly. It also means you do not need the underhood solenoid it's under the dog house with the pump. If it's a wired control the fact that the controller flashes tells us you're getting power to the control and it's sending a control signal. So your problem could be not enough juice or a failed 12volt motor solenoid. Did you attach both positive and negative to the battery? Is the under hood 150 amp breaker properly installed (battery to battery, AUX to the plow?) Do you have good clean connections at the plug? If so remove the cover, and check to see if all the wires are connected to the pump. If yes then jump across the main power poles with a old screw driver (just like you would on a Forget Out Running Dodge):) this should make the motor run. If motor runs and plow raises try lowering it with the control. Make sure when you press the raise button a 12v signal is getting to the small post on the 12volt motor solenoid. If it is getting a signal and jumping the 12 volt motor solenoid raises it, replace the solenoid. A Western solenoid will work if a Snoway is not available.
    Let us know what happens

10. moves now but.....

Well did as you recommended Basher, (ground is not on battery its on frame) checked connections.... Jumped the terminals to rule out the solenoid...and nothing Happened....so grabbed the remote and hit the on/off button and now got a solid green power light for the first time. Then i was able to move it all directions. Great right....well kinda. Is there some weird power sequence with these plows? I hit the power button and it wont turn off. So i held the power button down and it blinked about 6 times and it wen out. Try to power it back on....nothing but the power button blinking fast and very dim...same as it was in the beginning. Well looks like you have to hit the dp and on button to get it to power on.....thanks for your help basher....

Last edited: Jan 22, 2006
  11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Yes hit the DP and the on/off at the same time to turn it on, hold on/off for ten seconds to turn it off

12. yep im a noob..... thx again