1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow-Way plow lights

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by beaner, Feb 25, 2010.

1. beaner

beaner Junior Member

Not sure where I can ask this so I'll put it here. I just picked up a snow-way 22 series plow for nothing. I bought a new remote and everything works great. I wired up the lights and nothing happened. I bought a new relay and still nothing. The parking and turn signal lights were not hooked up on the other truck that it was on. The only info on the harness is snow-way number 99100196. I pulled up the pdf and everything is hooked up right. Not sure if I am missing a ground somewhere. If I jump a wire on the relay the light will come on but dim? Any suggestions? Thanks and great fourm. Ken

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Make sure the light tower has a good ground

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

what is the vehicle?

4. beaner

beaner Junior Member

ground

Do the lights itself ground. The bolts on the lights themselves are rusted. Is that where it grounds to the plow frame? I am taking them apart to see what happens. The truck is a 94 Dodge Ram 1500. The plow came off a 2000 Mercury Mountaineer. Everything hooks up right. Just no plow lights only truck lights. I have power to the plowlight bulbs. All 3 terminals. Thanks

Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
  5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

If it was a 2000 Mercury Mountaineer then according to the fit sheets a 94 1500 Ram is not a direct swap. The Mercury should have 99100792 adapters (for HB5 blubs) but you need 99100791 (for HB1 bulbs) adapters for the Ram.

That is a lot of truck for that plow.:nod:

6. beaner

beaner Junior Member

Working now. I found that one of the pins in the wiring harness was loose and when I wiggled it it broke off. I jumped the wire and the lights work. Thanks for the help. Yes it is alot of truck for that plow but the plow was free. It works great. Just finished up my yard now off to bed. More snow to push in the morning.

7. beaner

beaner Junior Member

Got a new adapter for a Dodge and a harness repair kit. Thanks for all the help.