1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Way Plow Help

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by docjrf, Mar 22, 2010.

1. docjrf

docjrf Junior Member

I just bought a1986 Chevy With a Snow Way Snow Plow. I can get the plow to go up and down but it will not angle either way. The motor engages but nothing happens. Any Suggestion on where to begin?? Thanks

2. festerw

festerw Senior Member

Is there a model or serial # tag anywhere on the plow? Or do you have any pics of the plow.

3. t-sig

t-sig Senior Member
    from 607

Hello doc,

It could be several things. You will have to go through a process of elimination to narrow it down. As Fester mentioned, try to find a model number. Do you have any manuals for the plow? If not, you can get them off the Snoway website if you have a model number for the plow. It is likely a 24 or 25, most of the wiring is identical for the older plows (barring lights and with or without down pressure). Once you have the manual, start testing wires. There likely is a coil that isn't energizing to shift the spool valve on the pump. It may not be energizing because it is bad, or, because there is a bad connection, or, because the joystick/rocker switch (depending on what you have) is bad, or because a wire is broken.....

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Get some Meyer's "hydra-flush" and run it through the system.

6. docjrf

docjrf Junior Member

snow way plow

I Can't find a model number any where on the plow. The pump is a monarch. The switch is a rocker switch. When I press the switch the motor engages but the plow doesn't move side to side.

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

That is OLD. Check all the wires, make sure the switches are sending power to everywhere.

8. docjrf

docjrf Junior Member

snow way plow

Thanks for all of your help. When I got into it found out that the cylinders were froze up. I took it to a friend and he is going to rebuild them for me. Again thats for all your help:)

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Check them carefully after you tear them apart and make sure they are worth rebuilding. If the bores are all rusted up then rebuilding them is a waste of money.