1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow-way near S.I.N.Y.

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by NYCLEANCO, Nov 1, 2009.

1. NYCLEANCO

NYCLEANCO Junior Member

Snow-way near Woodbridge N.J.

Anyone know of a dealer for parts. Im in Woodbridge N.J.
    Im in need of a wireless and a coil. Also will need markers.

Plow looks to be a 22 but not sure if anyone can help in the year or model THANKS
    S/N ALC119656

Coil Info taken from white sticker

white-rodgers/RBM
    120-105111-5
    coil 12v DC CONT
    Made In Mexico

White-rodgers site dont carry this

Here is a pic of the plow on my Burban

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

We stock parts. That is more likely a 18 or ST then a 22series. there should be a serial number on the aframe.

3. NYCLEANCO

NYCLEANCO Junior Member

Hello Basher

Thanks for the quick answer.

O.K. just ran outside and was able to find more S/N's the one on the A frame has a ST in it so you were right - You get more things done in life if you can see. LOL
    A frame S/N STG200174
    Spot that hooks up to truck ALC119656

Can you P/m me a price and I can order this week.I have no Problem with ordering from you I have seen your the one to help when things get needed to get done.
    The coil is the white-rodgers and the guide markers I guess you would know what ones. I will look for more S/n when i get home but those are the ones I found in the dark.

Also would you carry the Headlight harness. I think it just plugs into the front lights and runs to the plow. I wil also take some more pics to see if that helps with the I.D. of plow.

Thanks Again

Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

5. NYCLEANCO

NYCLEANCO Junior Member

Thanks In Advance

Hello Basher

He is the problem Im having the Remote works and don't work. It sometimes turns on and sometimes don't. When I got the truck the owner said the coil has to be replaced *(It was clicking)* the coil is if standing from back of plow the two stud black looking thing on the opposite side of the hydro reservoir.

Now my question would be Would this Coil make the Remote act up work sometimes and not ?

Should I just replace the remote/remote wire and the coil to see if that works.
    Do you have the remote for sale with wire ?
    What is the price of the Wireless Remote so I can bypass running a new wire.
    Also Im in need of the headlight harness for a 1996 Chevy Suburban.

You can P.M. prices or I can call tomorrow for prices if you give me a time * We are in New York if that helps with time difference.

THANK YOU For any help with this problem

Here is a few pics

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Start by connecting the control directly to the plow. Does it work then? If that didn't solve your problem it is not the truck harness. Where do you have the power and ground wires attached? They should be directly to the battery. Is there a Circuit breaker in the system? if so bypass it and see if that solves the problem.

The coil you are talking about replacing is the 12 volt motor solenoid, they are available at any snowplow repair shop, they all use the same basic part.

7. NYCLEANCO

NYCLEANCO Junior Member

Hello Basher

Thank you for all your help. I talked with Kim the other day and she was very helpful also. She was able to find parts I need and will be ordering this week. I'm looking for the Coil around here to see if that was the problem before I order the whole Brain/Wire &Control.
    I will be ordering the Light harness, But I'm trying to see if I have to order all the other things so i can do it all at once.

I will be ordering from you from now on cause not only do you help but you try and save us money that we all can use in saving.

I did talk to a dealer in New Jersey and all he wanted was the order and didn't offer and help in any way. He was right off saying it was the brain and didn't even want to hear the problem. He also said he didn't carry the Hardwired part cause they don't work he only carry the Wireless and I better buy it now before they go and he gets back ordered. I.M.O. he was just trying for the sale and not to fix my problem

Then I talk to you and Kim and you took the time to explain things and help in a way this other dealer could only wish. So once again I Thank you and your staff.

One more thing Sorry *LOL* You say to ground to the battery. Did you mean the wires coming off the plow get grounded to the Pos & Neg and not to the body? If So i will change that today cause it was grounded to the fender.

8. NYCLEANCO

NYCLEANCO Junior Member

o.K. got an update

I had a few hours extra today ( Wish it was everyday) so I traced the wires coming out of the brain to the remote and the last owner spliced a Trailer 4 prong connector for the remote going to the brain. He bypassed the yellow and used the other three wire and hooked up the other side of the trailer connector to the brain.

It seems he didn't do a good job with that so I replaced those wire on both sides and I was able to get the remote to turn on *( Green light on and when up down left right is hit it blinks)* So the remote has power to it and when i hit any control buttons I get a click. Now I'm thinking its the Coil/solenoid that could be the problem to first change.

Having a hard time finding that here in New York so I'm checking some stores around the woodbridge area of N.J. Once I get that going *(Changing the solenoid)* and if that solves the problem i will order the wire harness some guides and maybe a few extra things.:D

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The brown wire to 12 volt motor solenoid is the trigger if you jump to ground (the entire system is lowside switched) the motor should run, if not then you're right bad solenoid not to be confused with bad Santa, :nono: no cute chick. but I digress. Be sure you have a Good 12volt source. Had one this week that had 14.2 volts at the plow but things just clicked. Plenty of voltage no Amps. Had a bad circuit breaker. you can check that easy, just by-pass the circuit breaker.. If the plow now work,s Bad Circuit breaker, not to be confu....:D

You wiring diagrams are here. page 29
    http://www.snoway.com/service/Owner Manuals/97100828e.pdf

10. NYCLEANCO

NYCLEANCO Junior Member

I will try that Brown wire jump but I have never done that before will you be at work tomorrow so if I run into a problem I can call :D:D:cry: I can also talk about the order I have to put in.

I still have not found anyone with a solenoid that looks like the one I have . Everyone so far had a small looking round type for western plows.I might just have to order that also from you. Maybe I should get two JUST IN CASE.

I will keep you updated

11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Dude I'm sorry but I don't do phone sex:D Email any questions but Kim is the keeper of the phone. I work for a living.;)

12. NYCLEANCO

NYCLEANCO Junior Member

Then KIM it is.
    Not only does she know her SHIP she dont yell at me like the wife does when i tell I have to buy things for the plow. LOL:D

13. festerw

festerw Senior Member

Any continuous duty 12v motor solenoid will work as long as it fits.

14. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I missed the grounded to the fender until I just reread your post. definitely move that :nod: everything truck side grounds to the battery. That could be the whole "problem in a nut shell" right there.

15. NYCLEANCO

NYCLEANCO Junior Member

UPDATE:

Problem fixed with the solenoid Fix.
    I just got off phone with Miss Kim and I placed my Headlight Harness & Adapters order.

BASHER & KIM THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP AND WALK THROUGHS :D

16. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

GOOd but move that ground anyway:nod: