1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow-Way MT model on Toyota Tacoma

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by skidmark845, Aug 10, 2012.

1. skidmark845

skidmark845 Member
    from ny

I might be buying a 7 year old Snow Way MT model to put on my 2004 Toyota Tacoma. The plow is 7.5 feet wide. Is this plow too big for my truck?

Thanks,
    Mark

2. moserjj

moserjj Junior Member

I have a 7' 2" blizzard LT on my 2008 Tacoma. I wouldn't want it any smaller so size should be fine

3. vtzdriver

vtzdriver Senior Member
    from Vermont

I think you will be fine, but 2005 was the year the Tacoma was redesigned- and resized (up).

Just remember your plow is much wider than your truck as you drive the road!!

4. alaska snowplow

alaska snowplow Junior Member

The 7.5 ' blade is what I have on my Sonoma and it works great. When I drive it on the road, I have it canted to one side. Anything narrower with be to narrow when plowing with the blade canted to the side.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

That would be a good match for your truck I wouldn't install anything smaller. I might have a mount in stock if you need one and cannot find it locally.

6. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

Too much plow. 1st gen Tacoma (2004 and older) should have a 6.5' plow. 2nd gen (2005 and newer) 7.0'.