1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Way emergency kit?

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Pearcelawn, Dec 4, 2006.

1. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

Does anyone know if Snow Way sells an emergency kit with some spare parts in case of breakdown? I checked my dealer and he says they might but he doesn't have any. The website does not have one listed. If not, what should I have in case of breakdown...for instance pins fittings ect.?

Thanks.

2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Pearcelawn,

Yes we do offer an emergency kit for your snowplow. Part # is 96109205. Thanks for your business.

3. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

Thanks

Thank you. I will get together with the dealer and order one.

A little peace of mind goes a long way.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

It's impossible to foresee every contingency. Your Snoway is highly reliable and well designed so it's doubtful you will need much. No matter what the brand a extra blade guide, and 12 volt motor solenoid are givens. A quart of fluid in case you blow a hose is always good, even if you haven't got the replacement part on the truck, you can maybe get it in the air to transport. You should have fuses for the controller module under the black plastic cover, and since you have a wireless you should have a four pack of batteries. You'll not need four but if you only have 2 and get a bad battery right out of the pack you're screwed.

You also need the basic tools. The most important tool to me is a test light. there are 2 kinds of field repair problems, Fluid leaks and electrical flow. Most of the time you can see where the fluid problem is, there's a puddle of oil, but electric isn't as easy. A test light makes finding the problem a lot simpler. You might need a screw driver for the battery cover on the remote, a 1/2" wrench for the pump cover, and a couple of small adjustable for fittings, it depends on how much you intend to do in the field how extensive a tool kit you carry.

5. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

Emergency kit

Have the fluid , batteries and the tools (including the tester) covered. After 10 years in the lawn business,I am prepared for all the basics. I used to have a 1984 Chevy with a Meyer's plow. Much less electric much more mechanical on that one. Going to drop by the dealer and pick up the necessities.

Love this sight and all the great advice given on it.

Thanks much and any more advice/opinions will be appreciated.:waving:

6. RYDER

RYDER Senior Member

7. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

Thanks Ryder

I appreciate the help but they don't have one listed for the 22 series so I guess I will go with ordering one from the dealer using the # given to me by the SnoWay rep. here.

8. turbo38sfi

turbo38sfi Senior Member

Tom, I just purchased a 26 Series yesterday for my Silverado and was looking on this forum for this exact thing. What is contained in the kit and what is the MSRP on it?

Thanks,
    Joe

9. toby4492

Joe,

Thanks for your business. The emergency kit consists of a motor solenoid, hydraulic oil, hoses, eyebolts, carriage bolts, nylock fasteners, lynch pins, dielectric grease, and an assortment of other service parts. It all comes in a blow molded plastic case with snap latches and handle. It will fit under or behind a truck seat. Price is best gotten through your local Sno-Way dealer.

Happy Holidays, :angel:

10. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

That kit came in handy fo ra friend of mine on christmas morning when his solenoid went out.I said man buddy you are screwed then he said I purchased this emergency kit when I purchased the plow.He was back in business.Blow plastic case?I recall the burlap sack snoway use to use.You recall that Toby?LOL

RCGM
    Brad

11. toby4492

Brad,

Yes I do remember the old sack. Lots of changes for the better over the years. :D

Happy Holidays,

12. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I think I have one of those old sacks still around, and it's still full.