1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Way Electric Vbox

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by BigSnow, Dec 28, 2004.

1. BigSnow

BigSnow Junior Member
    from canada

I just purchased an electric stainless snoway vbox because I feel it's the next big thing..not having to worry about fuel or just everything associated with a gas motor..I've found that it just doesn't throw the salt like my gas vboxes do...I was told that these salters are big on the east coast and they use and sell a lot there..Getting an answer from the dealer is like picking up sticks with my butcheeks...useless and futile. I've found most deallers down here have never even plowed snow..they just like taking my money..The question is......Are they supposed to throw the salt the same as the gas vbox salters...It just doesn't seem like the chain moves as fast...Any help would be greatly appreciated..The dealers down here are as dumb as a bag of hammers..thanks Matt :realmad:

2. mossballs

mossballs Member
    from MN

I have Snow Ex Vee Pro 8000. I had an all steel with steel belt with Briggs all controlled from cab, The first year i had it it worked great except it was heavy and I could not see anything behind the rear window which made snow plowing a little harder (also was a plow truck. The 2nd year It seemed i was always having trouble keeping the motor running. seems like I would get to the lot and it would be 40 below and the motor would die and I would finally get it running but by the time I got to the next lot it would die again. The new spreader is great. It is all fiberglass/one person can slide it into the pickup/it is lower so you can see out the sides of the back window and you can haul almost as much material as in a steel spreaderIt is all electric so you never worry about it starting. The only thing it has is a very small auger/ the salt is just gravity fed to the auger which augers the material over the top of the "Zinger" If you get some hard chunks you hit the switch and the vibrator kiicks in and shakes the rest of the salt down to the auger. All this is run from the cab with L.E.D red out and settings. As you go through the parking lot you can turn the "Zinger to #20 and it will throw the salt about 15feet or crank it up to about #80 and it will throw it about thirty feet. You can unsnap two electric cables and pop off the Zinger and close your tail gate. very pleased with the sander. Weighs about 380lbs

Last edited: Dec 28, 2004
  3. BigSnow

BigSnow Junior Member
    from canada

Thanks for the reply

thanks for the reply. however I'm really interested in finding out if anybody has any experience with the SNOW WAY brand..not snow ex but SNOW WAY.....they are 2 different manufacturers. My salter is an 8 ft stainless electric vbox with a removeable chute and it just doesn't throw or spin as much as the gas vboxes. I've tried opening the chute more. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong...not getting enough power to the motor or if this is just the maximum cabability of the machine..any help would be appreciated..thanks..Matt :salute:

4. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Is it throwing salt as far as the advertising says it will? If not, and your dealer is not satisfying your needs, then call up snoway directly. They have tech guys who are pretty helpful and available.

5. LockedUP

LockedUP Senior Member

I just bought one this year. I have been reading the gas jobs are a real pain in the aaaaassssss. Anyway the spreader works great. I use it for sand I keep the lever wide open and keep the sand from freezing....Yours should work good with salt cause salt flows good. If you pick up the adj sides it should go out 20- 30 ft.. I don't think mine works as good as a big gas job but it works good for me.