1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow-way controller wont power up

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by mphotrod, Jan 14, 2012.

1. mphotrod

mphotrod Junior Member

I am brand new to plowing, so be patient please. I have a snow- way controller with part number 96104891. I cannot get it to power up, I took the cover off and I have 2.2 to 2.5 volts going into the board in the controller. Is that right and can anyone give me some directions.

2. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

It is a hard wired controller?

If so do you have a connector in the truck so you can unplug it and plug it into the plow directly?

3. mphotrod

mphotrod Junior Member

Yes it is hard wired and I have the plug inside the truck. I plugged it in at the plow and it still will not power up

4. festerw

festerw Senior Member

Check your main power connection, they have a tendency to get loose and lose contact.

5. pooleo8

pooleo8 Senior Member

try this sequence. On-up-down-DP-On.

6. mphotrod

mphotrod Junior Member

I pushed in all the plugs and it kicked on, thanks for the help. I broke my plowing virginity today. :)