1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow way 29r power scoop or fisher xls scool

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by arborist, Sep 21, 2013.

1. arborist

arborist Junior Member
    from toledo

ive used a blizzard 8 10 power plow but thinking about putting a snoway 29r or a fisher xls on my truck this year anyone have any thoughts on what one is better than the other or has used each of them just looking for some thoughts on what one to get.
  2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Not sure on the sno-way plows. They used to be a sponsor here on PS, but do to "bad press" they dropped out.

The XLS is a great plow, the only real disadvantage is replacing the quicker wearing wing tips.

They can be Bought cheaper in the aftermarket world.

TJSNOW Senior Member

Snoways are good plows and have owned them in the past...I presently own an XLS..The XLS is a very productive plow..I have owned mine for 4 seasons and has been trouble free...As for the wing edges and the main cutting edge for that matter..You will get a season out of both depending on the amount of use...Good Luck with your purchase...I don't think you will be disappointed with what ever you decide to purchase....:salute:
  4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Are these newer plows coming with cheaper cutting edges?
    I have an 810 Blizzard and it has at least 500 hours on the cutting edge and I don't have shoes on the plow.

TJSNOW Senior Member

Well, sure....It's a revenue generator...I have tried stock and aftermarket edges and they just wear like butter...:gunsfiring:
  6. lilpusher

lilpusher Senior Member
    from Indiana

I will have three seasons on my 29r edges and really barely worn. I don't know about the xls but everyone who has used my set up wants it. I have been amazed at the productivity advantage. Best plow comes with the best dealer. Choose wisely. :)
  7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I went from a V to a 29R and love it. Stacks better, carries more snow and performs mulch better as a straight blade than any Vee I've ever ran.