1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow way 28vee no power at controller

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by drift buster, Jan 22, 2010.

1. drift buster

drift buster Junior Member

my 28 vee will not turn on i have power going to the blade power going in to the black box but now power on the controller wire plugs should there be power on the controller wire plugs or is my lil black box junk i need help please

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

What happens when you hook it directly to the plow? Have you checked both fuses?

3. drift buster

yes i have checked both fuses i do have power going to my black box then when i pluged my controller to my blade still nothing

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

do you have 12 volts at the red and white wire coming from the module to the coils and 12 volt motor soleniod? do you have 5 volts to the controller?

5. drift buster

i have no power to the controller and i have 12v on the red white wire

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

you did test al three wire at the module plug, correct? IF so and there is not 5 volts anywhere jump a ground to the brown wire on the 12 volt motor soleniod. If the motor runs my guess is a bad module.

7. drift buster

ok i will do that in the mourning thanks for your help do you know how much a module cost

8. drift buster

yes the motor dose run i did that before sorry bout that