1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow way 28v question

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by lumpy, Nov 20, 2008.

1. lumpy

lumpy Junior Member
    from midwest

i am looking at buying a used 28v 8ft.how is the quility of snow way plows
    the plow is 5 yr old

2. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

How much is it?

3. lumpy

lumpy Junior Member
    from midwest

2500 dollars

4. lumpy

lumpy Junior Member
    from midwest

2500 dollars

5. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

RA Adams in Mchenry has new ones for $4,300......not sure on the quality of the older ones. The new one was well built.

6. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Send a PM to hydro37 and he can tell you all about the quality of the 28V. He has been running them for years.

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I pushed one for years, somewhere on the site are pics (they won't let me post them twice) of a V blade that was on a Ford when they totaled the truck and the car it hit. Blade survived though neither vehicle did, didn't even break the lexen.

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

:waving: Right here: Wrecked 28V

9. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Hey Lumps....If you don't want it then I will glady take it. Been using mine for several years and not a problem so far. Normal maintenence and they will lasty a long time. I am looking for another 28V right now to add to my fleet of Sno-Way plows. They all get used commercially too.

10. vwovw

vwovw Senior Member

i love mine as well. i have seven years on my predator 28 htv. this year I took it completely apart. had some welds repaired and added a lot more. snoway only welded on side. I had both sides welded and some metal added to reinforce a few areas. Then i powder coated it. Put new lexan. ready to go. I need to get new hydrolic lines next. found some place that will make them for under $150.