1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Way 26 weak hydraulics?

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by palmtree907, Dec 15, 2009.

1. palmtree907

palmtree907 Member

Ok, so here I am, 1 month into the season with 3 events, and lots of pick up jobs in between. I have probably now cleared 80 properties with my new Snow Way 26, and it seems to me that the hydraulic rams that run the blade left and right are weak. It seems that the blade pivots left or right (uncommanded) when pushing large piles, cutting berms, etc. My Blizzard plow was powerful enough that if I was up against a pile and powered left or right, it would move the truck. this Snow Way seems to give way too easy.
    What are everyone's experience? Is it me? Is it bad design? Is it broken?

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The cross over releif could just be doing it's job. Have your dealer check the cross over relief settings.

3. palmtree907

palmtree907 Member

Thanks Basher, will do. We are in the middle of a 2 day blizzard warning. So it'll be a project for next week.

4. vamootsman

vamootsman Senior Member

All of my Snoways do that when I am pushing heavy piles at angles that are too much for them. With the wet heavy stuff that we had, It probably kept me from breaking things. My Meyer did the same thing