1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Way 24DX series plow won't work

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Jeff_M, Mar 1, 2007.

1. Jeff_M

Jeff_M Junior Member

everything worked fine last spring when I took the plow off the truck but at the beginning of winter I hooked the plow up and nothing would work. It won't go up, down or side to side.

I put a new Solenoid on it per instruction from the service Center, but they all tell me the same thing, Nobody can tell me what else to check. I will have to take it into a dealer and pay the OUTRAGEOUS amount of money they want to diagnose the problem.

I have been told by a few people that if you use a set of cables and hook them to the positive on the battery and touch it to the solenoid Positive the blade should go up. but still nothing happens.

I don't know what else to try.
    :cry: :cry: :cry:

Jeff:

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Did you check the fuse for 12v to the controller?

3. Jeff_M

Jeff_M Junior Member

Fuse?

Thank you for replying Basher, I am not quite sure what you mean. What fuse? where is it? is it leading to the square black controller box? or are you talking about where I have it plugged into the fuse panel?

As you can tell I am not a very good auto mechanic. Especially when it comes to electronics. My brother on the other hand is good with both and still can't get it to work.

We can't find a manual for this plow or the motor anywhere so that don't help none, but I will check what ever you tell me too.

thanks Jeff

4. festerw

festerw Senior Member

If you email Snoway with the model and serial #'s off the plow they can send you the manuals for it.

However if you run jumper cables to it neg to neg post on the motor and pos to pos, if it doesn't work the motor would be the culprit.

5. Brew

Brew Member

Our parts and service manuals are on our website www.snoway.com under the service center tab. The below link is our plow parts manual for your 24D.

http://www.snoway.com/service/Parts Manuals/97100204i.pdf

I hope this helps

Thank You,