1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow-Way 22 - $2600 seems like alot?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by tmorgan2512, Jun 9, 2010.

1. tmorgan2512

tmorgan2512 Junior Member
    from NY

I found a guy selling a Snoway 22 series in what looks like pretty good shape. It comes with everything including the power and lighting harnesses, wireless remote, shoes, truck mount, etc. The mount won't fit my truck so I'll have to buy a different one ($600). Also the plows about an 8 hour drive from me (another few hundred bucks)..

Looking for opinions as his asking price ($2600) seems pretty high to me from the others that I've seen for sale. What do you guys think?

2. tastebeer

tastebeer Member

Ditto: seems like $600-900 more than it should be for such a small plow
  3. grosser397

grosser397 Senior Member

ya no more then a grand. but if you got a welder mounts are sooooo easy to re fab to any truck.
  4. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

for a used plow seams to high to me 1K or under i think would be a fair price.
  5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Does it have Down Pressure? That plow looks like new to me. Price seems fair, maybe a just a tick high, depending on DP and the controller. Remember, you can sell the truckside you don't use to recoup some of your cost.
  6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

You have no clue what these are worth.
  7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

the hydraulics alone are worth more then that.

You must be use to buying old units. Any complette plow unit in good condition that will fit late model vehicles is worth 2 grand

Under 1K for that unit is increddably cheap. Any of you three ever buy a decent condition late model used plow? Do you know anything avbout a Snoway? Ever priced a homesteader or suberbanite? Do you know the differance between a snoway, snowdogg and snowbear? Ever try to find a used plow for a Tacoma, Wrangler, Liberty or Explorer. Do you understand what wireless controls or down Pressure are? While 2600 is top dollar it is a good deal at $2,200.00 if it all works, MSRP on a new one with wireless and Down Pressure is almost $4,500.
  8. BKFC255

BKFC255 Senior Member

I would offer 2000 to 2200 for the plow. I got MT for my 06 f 150 off of another 06 f150 for 2200 and the plow was 2 years old. Then if possible try to sell the mount that you get with it to buy the right mount for your truck. It is half the price of a new plow. You might be able to find a used mount for your truck too. You still have some time till the snow starts to fly. Start low you have nothing to lose.
  9. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

I think the price is a little high but He may have listen it high because he is willing to bargain. The plow is in great shape and Sno-ways have a great reputation. They are always a little more expensive that traditional steal plows and the down pressure option is a great feature even if it increases the price. See what he will work out with you. Rembember you can sell that mount or have it modified if you know a welder that you trust to understand the physics, or do it yourself if you have the experience