1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Way 1999 Silverado Light Harness Help

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by procarry21, Feb 20, 2010.

1. procarry21

procarry21 Junior Member
    from Indiana

Well got plow working great mostly due to the help from this site, now needing some advice on the light harness. Again, not sure of the instructions I have are "my" model and it says to cut the source wire to the running lamps. Figure I would ask here before I butcher my wiring!

Attached are pictures of both ends of the wire harness going to the truck. Seems I am either missing an adapter or do I just have to splice into the lighing power source.

One end of the harness has:
    2 male plugs containing 1 yellow and 1 orange wire each and 1 single black and 1 single yellow wilre with no ends. According the directions I have, this is the drivers side.

Other side has:
    2 male plugs containing 1 orange wire and 1 gray or white wire each.
    1 single black wire - 1 single white wire - 1 single yellow wire.
    Also has two other rubber plugs, one with orange and white and 1 with singel gray.

Thanks for any help!

wire harness 1.jpg

wire harness 2.jpg

2. procarry21

procarry21 Junior Member
    from Indiana

Truck lamp wiring

Also here is a picture of my truck wiring which is also two males which makes me wonder if I'm not missing some type of adapter.

truck light wiring.jpg

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

New body style truck, with the amber rear turn signals or Classic with the red turn signals?

Looks like you are missing some parts regardless of which one you have. Take a picture of everything you have. Look on the harness for tags see if one has an eight digit number the begins 99XXXXXX.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Silverado body ('99-'02) for sure basing on the pic. Positive common too of course. :salute:

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

My thoughts exactly, I'm thinking he needs a harness, another relay and adapter.

6. procarry21

procarry21 Junior Member
    from Indiana

complete harness

Here are the pics of the complete harness, except what I have already on the plow. Everything connects to the plow portion fine, just not sure on the truck side.

Its the new body style 99 Silverado with the amber lights.

The tag on the cable, after much gasoline and buffing, reads, 96102993 Rev C. Lot 98-0441.

I can't find any info on the snow way site for this particular number. This set up came off a 99 Silverado but not sure he gave me all the pieces or not.

entire harness.jpg

left side.jpg

right side.jpg

junction.jpg

7. procarry21

procarry21 Junior Member
    from Indiana

Far as I can tell from directions to other harnesses, the yellow wires go to the right and left turn light, the black wire is ground, which leaves me clueless what the white wire with the horshoe connector is for.

Also the two rubber connectors, in which one only has 1 gray wire, has me a little puzzled as well since they are only on one side of the light harness.

Not doing anything until I know for sure, don't want to screw up my electical for lights.

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

9. procarry21

procarry21 Junior Member
    from Indiana

Thanks basher,

It doesn't appear the schematic instructions in your post match my set up, as I have quad lights with two plugs for headlights on each side of the truck??

Does the plow lighting get its power from the driver side since this is the only side of the harness that has adapter plugs that plugs into the truck light harness?

Thanks

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707