1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Verification

Discussion in 'Weather' started by 3311, Nov 8, 2008.

1. 3311

3311 Senior Member

Anyone here know of a reliable source for verifying snow totals after a storm. ? Some of our clients are requesting verification for snow totals for each event.

2. Captain

Captain Senior Member

I'm curious to see the answer to this. I plow driveways only, all in the same town. Our town however has many subtle elevations. 3 or 4 inches measured at my house could be 5-6 or more at another. Typically, it is always less at my house so my trigger is always accurate.

3. MAR4CARS

MAR4CARS Senior Member

Carry a yard stick and takes pic of snow depth on each accounts property then take pic lol

4. gkm

gkm Senior Member

that may work the best.

5. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Try this http://www.crh.noaa.gov/lot/ ......to the left of the screen will be winter weather. After each event they will give a listing of accumulations for towns in each county! I hope this helps!:waving:

6. ECS

ECS Senior Member

If my judgement is not good enough for them, I do not need them or want them. Tell them to open the door and look outside.