1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Update

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by oman1999, Jan 14, 2007.

1. oman1999

oman1999 Senior Member

We have 1/4" of icy nasty rain. As of 21:22 hours I have 1" of snow on the driveway, 2 vehicles and my picnic table. Waiting for my 2" trigger, expecting it around 11:30 or so.
  2. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Same here in Woodstock, only more ice than snow, plowing this is going to be great fun on an atv , lol
  3. scuba875

scuba875 Senior Member

As of now we have had all rain here in Northbrook. Doesn't look good, I am thinking we are going to get all rain close to the lake.
  4. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

sweet, its snowing good here, about a half in so far, hope it keeps up for about 12hrs or so
  5. Peopleeater

Peopleeater Senior Member

At least an inch, probably 2 on the ground here in Janesville, WI. Going back to bed to wait for call to go. I am thinking about 3am or so to leave here and head for Rockford. Have about an hour and a half before I can drop the plow once I leave here.
  6. oman1999

oman1999 Senior Member

We've got about 1.5-2" here now depending on the wind, etc. Rockford, IL is saying 1.9" at 11:30pm.

Looks like I'm the wingman tonight. We have one truck that is still down (Single axle dump w/ 10' Plow). I'll be running errands, chasing parts or throwing some sidewalk salt, etc. Doesn't bother me....I get the same $$$ if I'm chilling out with a cup of coffee or shovin' snow around.

11:54pm 1/14/07
  7. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

we dont seem to have much snow here, either that or i need to find a better place to look
  8. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

As of 12:22 am here in Sterling, we have had all sleet never really made the switch to snow. Radar shows about another 30 minutes of precip and the main stuff is done. What a pisser, I probably will not even drop the plows.
  9. scuba875

scuba875 Senior Member

Just went outside at 12:54 am and we have a little sleet falling but it isn't even enough to stick to the ground with all the water from the rain we got. Oh well I am going to bed I don't see this panning out to be anything.
  10. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Am leaving here now. I salted yesterday morning so hopefully my lots will be a bit easier to push that ice fall on. On my back patio there looks to be about 4 or 5 inches sitting on a layer of ice.

Ought to fun out there I hope everyone stays safe.

Gone to have some fun.
  11. Bobby Blaze

Bobby Blaze Member

12. weeman97

weeman97 Senior Member

been up all night here on the south suburbs of chicago (palos) all i got is rain. a little flurries at bout 440am nothing as of yet. still holding my breath tho.
  13. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

I just got back from doing my route is St. Charles we had 1-1 1/2 inches of ice/snow.....but just salting no plowing:cry: :cry: ....&& all i have now is just some light snow/ice in (Hanover Park,IL)
  14. mole

mole Senior Member

just ice in buffalo calling for lake effect but i won't hold my breath waiting for it.
  15. kubotazd21

kubotazd21 Member

Nothing but rain in Kentucky.:cry:
  16. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

NOTHING, but ice covering everything except pavement and it raining. Ice is really building up on trees and powerlines though.
  17. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

We have like 1.5" here it looks like with out going outside, wish it was more
  18. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

West of Boston MA :yow!: RAIN!!!!!:yow!:
  19. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Calling for 1-3 here tonight and another 3-6 tomorrow if and when the lake effect kicks in
  20. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Nothing at all here! Few hours south I hear they got a good amount of snow, we saw a few flurries between 3 and 4 this morning! I was up like a kid on X-mas morning waiting just to be let down again!

I need to find a new winter job or a hobby!