1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Totals my City or Regain

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by JDKSERVLLC, Feb 3, 2011.

1. JDKSERVLLC

JDKSERVLLC Junior Member
    from MI

Heah guys. I'm not new to the industry but have a question that I thought might be best answered here. Does anyone know the best way to get snow totals from a storm by city or regain?? I am in the South East regain of Michigan North of Detroit and our larger snow storms can drop 6" in one area and 8-10" 2-4 miles north or south of that. I bill my customers by snow fall and can't seem to find a good way to back-up my judgment of what I’m billing for. I have not had any customers question my billing yet but still would like to be able to have a confirmation for what the number is or was for that storm. Yesterday's groundhog blizzard (stupid name I know) with the wind made it really hard to judge what was on the drives so I'm going by what the local weather reported for totals but it’s not as precise as I would like it to be. Any good suggestions, and please don't reply if you don't have something productive to say. I don't need to hear "well if there not questioning you why do you care" I’m asking the experts here because I do care!!!! My customers are important to me and I have never taken advantage and don’t plan to start, ever!! Thumbs Up Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
  2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

weather channel.com
    type in the city name to get the amount

3. JDKSERVLLC

JDKSERVLLC Junior Member
    from MI

Thanks Hydro. I went there, typed in a zip and can't see any links to totals? I'm I just blind????

4. PPS. inc

PPS. inc Member
    from Earth

Welcome to Michigan. We got 7 here, 10 miles north got over 10. Where r you at. Im north of the d as well. The snow total is under the little sat picture. Its an estimated total for a past 24 hours.

5. JDKSERVLLC

JDKSERVLLC Junior Member
    from MI

PPS, what picture are your refering to? I'm just North of M59. My coverage area is 15mile North to 26 Mile, Mound Rd East to North Avenue. PPS do you plow??

6. PPS. inc

PPS. inc Member
    from Earth

its under the small picture showing the county lines. Left side half way down. Look hard. I do plow. Im west of you. between 23 and you. You keep up with that last storm. 2-2-11?

7. JDKSERVLLC

JDKSERVLLC Junior Member
    from MI

Ya we kept up but I don't plow. Me and my crew snow blow residential and commercial residential properties. We started at 4am, made one round that took 7hrs then went back out at 5pm for a cleanup round. The second round only took 4hrs. All-in-all it wasn't bad except for the drift.

8. AMS snow

AMS snow Junior Member
    from WI

wunderground.com find your city, go to almanac/history you can get the snow total for any day back to the mid 80's they post early the next morning.