1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

snow tonight for boston.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by lawn king, Jan 16, 2005.

1. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

:salute:Snow on the way for massachusetts, 4-8 tonight, winding down tomorrow morning! Lock and load. I wonder if you steelers fans are up to any plowing, i know you all had a heart attack yesterday! Plow on

2. Fisher II

Fisher II Senior Member

Hows the NPR?!

Saw you plowing last storm at the Braintree 5 corners...think it was a bank..was gonna stop but was running late. Does the NPR handle large storms well? One of these days Ill stop by your shop and chew the fat!

McGilvary Landscape :waving:

3. lawn king

snow boston

:
    NPR plows great, stop when you get a chance, i have some maintenence leads for you! payup

4. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

I'm gald yesterday and today have been cold. Good for the ground

5. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Lawnking
    Fisher II
    What towns are you guys from, Iam from Randolph :waving:

6. cja1987

Supposed to snow tonight, heaviest on the coast looks like well be plowing, hope it does not interfere with the Patriots game. Ill put the plows on before the game and maybe by the end it will be plowable, if not ill wait a while. I won't be too happy plowing tonight if they loose :redbounce

7. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

Hope we still get enough in RI. Last night was 4-8 and this morning they are calling for 3-6...I will be happy with what ever we get.at least the last few days have refroze the ground.

8. daninline

daninline Senior Member

They are calling for 2-4" for CT :rolleyes:
    I'm right in the NE corner so I hope I get some of your also :drinkup:

Go Pats

9. sir spaniourd

sir spaniourd Senior Member

anybody know what the total amount of snow is forecast for East of MA?
    Go Pats!!! :yow!: payup

10. sir spaniourd

they are reporting 8-12" down the Cape possibly up to Rockport.

11. sir spaniourd

very, very light snow at this time 1.15PM in Newburyport. It seems it is starting ahead of schedule!!!

12. lawn king

snow boston

I'm out of abington, i think fisher 2 is out of quincy. I do a lot of fertilizing over that way for mr. nelson. :salute:

13. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

Snowing here. Quarter of an inch only so far. It's a coastal storm, so it moves in land instead of out to sea.

14. Silverhowie

Silverhowie Junior Member

!! Finally !!

From weather.com:
    Rochester, NY

Jan 16 Tonight
    Snow this evening will taper to snow showers late. Low 14F. Winds NNE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 80%. 2 to 4 inches of snow expected. Heavier amounts in favored snowbelt locales.
    Jan 17 Tomorrow
    Periods of snow. High 18F. Winds NW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 80%. 3 to 5 inches of snow expected. Heavier amounts in persistent snowbands.
    Jan 17 Tomorrow night
    Snow likely. Cold. Low 4F. Winds NNW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 80%. Snow accumulating 3 to 5 inches.

It's about time!! I've been waiting for this all year!!!!!!!!!!! I just hope it doesn't miss me again!

15. cja1987

Wow, small world, I know Mr. Nelson. See his trucks all the time too, have friends who work for him!

16. lawn king

large storm

The're are triaxles all over the south shore trucking the existing snow off commercial propertys!! This storm for saturday must be a whopper!!! payup

17. sir spaniourd

that is good news. I hope the storm will move up just a little bit. Who is the big winner right now, The Cape?

18. lawn king

snow boston

I believe the cape is gonna get whacked again. Cape cod is usually just outside the snowbelt, this winter being the exception.

19. Luppy

Luppy Senior Member

Hey guys. I didn't know there were other South Shore people out here. Whats up Chris. Looking forward to the storm!!

Lawn king I'm glad to hear you do business with Nelson rather than Karl Wells...
    ahhh but thats a whole new threads worth of comments..
    anyway, enjoy the cleanup this weekend everyone. :)

20. lawn king

I don't know mr. wells. Mr. nelson is an aggie boy like myself. Do these names ring a bell? Mento,canniff,tomazzi,fredrickson, they are all N.C.A.H.S. alumni. Remember,this is a public forum,be very careful what you post.