1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow today.54 Wednsday??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by cc2004, Jan 11, 2005.

1. cc2004

cc2004 Member

So what do you do?
    We're suppose to get 1 to 2 inches of snow this afternoon which means we should plow the commercials.Also means it would be a night run.

Overnight the temps are suppose to go up(around 40) and Wednsday is going to be around 54 degrees.

Do you do them to make the money or let them go since the temp is going up.
  2. stumper1620

stumper1620 Senior Member

i would treat it as, the temp has no bearing, NEVER trust the weather man, what if they predict wrong and you end up on the cold side of the front.
    most agreements are intended for the lot to be clear before the start of business, it won't melt off before so, plow it.
  3. cc2004

cc2004 Member

Yea i know your right.Usually if i have to question myself about weather or not to plow i just jump in the truck and do it,i'm always glad i did. :)
  4. jpunlimited

jpunlimited Senior Member

snow to mix

I got burned on the dec 26 th storm and I feel like you do. I don't know if I should plow it even if I think it is going to melt the next day. the company is tight with the plow money and I do not want to blow a good thing.BUT: I beat the crap out of my vehicle because 1-4 turned into an all night 17 inches.
  5. cc2004

cc2004 Member

That sucks.I hate them sneaky storms but then again they all are lately.
    You can't listen to the weather any more you have to get up at 1 or 2 am and check even if just flurries are in the forcast.It could turn in to 6inches :eek: :eek: :eek:
  6. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Better to cya then get a lawsuit. I would go out and take care of them. Weather the next day should have no bearing on what you do the day before. Just my .02 Good luck. Wish we had some here.