1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow tires

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by pmgm, Nov 28, 2008.

1. pmgm

pmgm Junior Member

I need tires for my 06 HD, I'm looking to purchase either a 285-75-16 or a 265-75-16 i need something thats good in the snow and summer driving to. The 245-75-16 are just to small for me i want a little more tire plus the taller tire would raise the truck a couple of inches. My undercarraige hits my driveway apron when i pull in and out so a 245 is not a option.

Thanks Pernell

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I am going to try studded Courser MTR's this year. If you want year round, tough to beat BF Goodrich All-Terrains. Or Michelins. I bought General Grabber AT2's last year, with studs. Worst tires I ever owned. Didn't last, horrible in snow.

3. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

I plow with BFG AT's 285/70/17. They work great. In Spring - Fall I step it up to 315's.

4. pmgm

pmgm Junior Member

Are you using D or E load range? I thought about running a 285/75/16 but i didnt know if
    the D load would be to soft for my truck. Anybody running a D range tire on a 2500 with no problems?

Thanks

5. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

They are D range. My plow is 9'2" and there is also a Cummins over the front tires. A bigger D will hold the same weight as a smaller E.

6. pmgm

pmgm Junior Member

OK, Thanks..