1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Snow Tires

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by NSRoadEng, Nov 25, 2007.

1. NSRoadEng

NSRoadEng Junior Member

I am having trouble finding snow tires - most of the stuff I want is 6-8 wekks back ordered like the BFG TA. I have finally found some Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo that seem to have really good reviews, but still wondering how good they would be for plowing.

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

The revios are a good tire.
    But I think the bfg's are better for plowing or any where a more agressive tire is called for.

If you tow or carry heavy loads they will last a little longer than the bfg's
    Any tire with a center rib, like the reivos will not give you the traction that an open tread pattern of the bfg's will.

bfg's= superior traction.
    revios= longer wear.

I have a set of revios and bfg's on separate trucks right now.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2007
  3. NSRoadEng

NSRoadEng Junior Member

I do tow a 30' travel trailer and have the sand hopper which adds a ton when full. I plowed last winter with my Michelin A/S that came with the truck and they worked fine. So maybe the Revos will be ok. Besides I can't wait 6-8 weeks for the TA's.

This is just what I needed to know - I am new to this forum and finding out it is a great resource
    Thanks SnoFarmer.

4. yard5864

yard5864 Senior Member

5. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

No proublem:waving:
    I too think the revos will be a better tire for you.

I have the revos on my truck that hauls my slide-in camper.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2007
  6. CNY Plow

CNY Plow Senior Member

7. snow7899

snow7899 Senior Member

I have a set of the green diamond tires on my 01 dodge ram diesel, and have used them only for plowing for the last four years. The customer service was great, I ordered four tires and one had a slow leak, they sent me another tire at no cost and told me to keep the other as a spare if I could patch it. The compound has held up great, and expect to get this year and maybe next year out of them. When they wear out I'll be getting another set.

8. ABM

ABM Junior Member

Try a set of Cooper Discoverer MS tires... best tires for plowing that I've found.

9. F250 Boss v

F250 Boss v Senior Member

I just put a set of Green Diamond Icelander AT's 265/70R/17 on my truck. Again, great customer service, -only 200 miles on 'em so far, but from everything I've heard and read so far, they should work out good for me. I like the way they ride so far, and time will tell if my choice was right...

10. TL697

TL697 Senior Member

Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor Pro Grade...

I have 285/70/17's on my Dodge 2500, and they are the best tire for snow that I have ever owned. Pretty good wear as well...